Update From Finsup.com TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

fin...@mylist.net

Apr 29, 2008, 1:19:30 PM4/29/08
to jimmy_buffe...@googlegroups.com, TBPH mailing list

HELLOOOOOO... TAMPA BAY PARROT HEADS

TOGA...TOGA...TOGA...
The Tampa Bay Parrot Head 5th Wednesday Toga Party, April 30th THIS WEDNESDAY...AT Kahuna's on Gandy Blvd !!!

STARTING AT 6pm AND ENDING AT APPROXIMATELY 10PM

(Don't know how to make a toga?????  Just dust off your old John Belushi movie and take a look...OR, visit the TogaBoy at http://www.howtomakeatoga.info/)

 CLUB EVENT UPDATES...
  • Our Earth Day Clean up of Parrot Head Island was a huge success on Saturday April 19th, with 80+ Parrot Heads and Parakeets participating.  Many thanks to Bill Church at Quaker Steak & Lube for a some great food and the after-party.
  • AND, we had a MASSIVE turnout on Saturday, April 25th, for the Island Party Raft Up on Beer Can Island.  Our First Captain, Dom Bianchi, led the formidable fleet of 12 ships in the Parrot Head Navy. With 12 ships, a georgeous day, and 45 Parrot Heads --- need we say more?  A great, great time and wonderful party!
  • I'm home, recovery is going a little slower than I would like, and I still need to take it real easy for a couple of more weeks so it can be GAME ON for FloriDaze.  Thanks again for the cards, flowers, phone calls, emails and PH karma.  Thanks to the Fruitcakes Board and FloriDaze steering committee for picking up my slack, and Biker Steve for manning the Helm!  Also a HUGE TEEEEAAAMMM DRINK to Doc Susan for putting these emails together for me and making my job a WHOLE lot easier!!!
EVENTS COMING UP...

Countdown to FloriDaze -- only 17 days away
MAY 15-18: FloriDaze at the Tradewinds Resort, on St. Pete Beach...
We are SOLD OUT, and we already have an awesome group of sponsors and silent auction items. But we are still looking for more.
If you can donate MERCHANDISE, SERVICES or TIME, or help find SPONSORS for the Manatee Ball being held on FloriDaze Friday, or if you can offer MERCHANDISE, SERVICES, SPONSORS or TIME to any part of FloriDaze, please get in touch with our First Mate, BikerSteve at sp...@aol.com.

SATURDAY, MAY 31ST: LIVE AT THE BALL PARK - DEVIL RAYS
The
Tampa Bay Devil Rays take on the Chicago White Sox. Game starts at 6:10 pm, ballpark opens at 4:10 pm. Tickets are available for the Party Deck (formerly the Beach) for the LOW, LOW PRICE of $7.00 per person. There will also be a performance by country star Trace Adkins immediately following the game!! Tickets are available at all club meetings - see the Party Planners to purchase your ticket. Prior to the game, we will be meeting at Fergs on the Parrot Deck at 3:00 pm - $5 cheeseburgers, $3 margaritas, and $1 for 16 oz drafts!!!! Yes, you read that right -- $1 drafts!

Saturday, June 7th: Palm Harbor Parrot Head Festival
The challenge is ON!!!  We are looking for all you great Gumbo cooks out there to enter our Gumbo Cook Off, the special event that the club is putting together for the Palm Harbor Parrot Head street festival. Volunteers need to make & cook a BIG batch (4 gallons) for folks to taste and vote on. Proceeds from the tasting will go to benefit The USF Endowment Scholarship. Prizes will go for the yummiest & the best decorated booth. You can enter the contest as an individual or as a team. Please contact Janet Santman at 813-948-2143 or JSAN...@verizon.net also Denise Cone at 813-949-2269 or wmc...@verizon.net for all the information and details. Thanks to Janet & Denise for stepping up to captain this event.

Saturday, June 21st: Raft Up at One Tree Island, Clearwater Harbor
Mark your calendars for the next raft up. And...stay tuned for more details as we get closer to the event.

Saturday, July 12th Summer Beach Clean Up
The After Party will be at Café 13 on McMullen Rd in Clearwater. You must attend the cleanup to get a wristband to enjoy the free post-cleanup Buffet. More details about the clean up itself will follow.

SATURDAY, JULY 26TH: BOWLING IS BACK
Save this date for an encore performance by the best bowlers, worst bowlers, and those of us in between. Time and location will be provided as we get closer to the date.

Friday-Saturday, August 8-9:
Tubing Trip Down the Ichnetucknee
The Ichnetucknee River is a little north of Gainesville, about a 2+ hour drive from Tampa Bay.  For this event, we will drive up Friday night and stay at the local Econo Lodge, then get to the park for the 8am Saturday tubing run. The Tubing Trip is a Partnering event with the Sarasota Bay Parrot Head Club.  The tube ride is followed by a cook out -- Parrot Head style -- at the hotel pool. This is a not-to-be-missed outing. If you have never gone tubing down the Ichnetucknee, you will be amazed at how much fun the ride can be!  More details will be available as we get closer to the date of the event.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
It takes a lot of oars in the water to keep this ship afloat and we have a lot of rowing spots where we need YOU!!
The club is looking for a few Parrot Heads to work at Membership, the Phins Store, the Raffle, and the Membership TableIf you can offer some time to help make the best club in the world even better, please see Biker Steve, our First Mate and Volunteer Coordinator .

REMEMBER...TOGA...TOGA...TOGA...
This
WEDNESDAY, WEDNESDAY, WEDNESDAY night...

FINNNNNNNS UP!
NanaBabe

Plan your next roadtrip with MapQuest.com: America's #1 Mapping Site.