Re: [JimCarroll] Digest for jimcarroll@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Jen K

Sep 20, 2022, 1:00:56 PM9/20/22
to jimca...@googlegroups.com
Joey, I laughed at this. (Just a few years behind you at 63.)

I’m glad this group is around. I had an unexpected thing happen today, a windfall of sorts. Years ago, I visited Salt Lake City when my husband had a contract to work there and wandered into a record shop one day. Bought a few DVDs, asked directions to a good place to hike, and went on my way. One of those DVDs I was never able to play because (I now realize) it wasn’t compatible with the TV player. At the time, I thought oh, well, too bad, figuring I was merely out a few bucks. Not much lost there. Fast forward (no pun intended) to today and I pulled that old disc off the shelf and decided to try again on my (also older) computer with a remote disc player. Lo and behold, the thing works! I’m watching it now and it’s delightful. Here’s the description on the back of the case:
“In November of 1981, Muddy Waters returned to his hometown of Chicago to play a couple gigs. One of them, luckily captured here by a local TV film crew but never aired, took place at the Checkerboard Lounge on November 10.
The Rolling Stones, who had been inspired by Muddy since The very beginning, were in attendance and loined Waters on stage for most of the set.” The picture quality is sketchy and yet adds to the charm of it. Is like watching on an old television set.

Cheers to all,
Jen

90 minutes
Pro Shot Stereo
Sweet Little Angel
Flip Flop And Fly
Introduction
Down The Road I Go
Country Boy
I'm A King Bee
Someday Baby
County Jail
Baby Please Don't Go
Hoochie Coochie Man
Long Distance Call
Mannish Boy
Champagne And Reefer
Next Time You See Me
Talking About My Woman

> On Sep 18, 2022, at 5:35 PM, JimCa...@googlegroups.com wrote:
>
> There are some benefits to old
> age although relatively few from where I sit, slouch, lay.

Jen K

Sep 20, 2022, 1:06:26 PM9/20/22
to JimCa...@googlegroups.com
A postscript to this (which has nothing to do with Jim, may the memory of him bless us all): The reason I mentioned asking directions is because the guy wrote them on a post-it note, which also has a record store stamp on it (The Record Collector), and I had tucked it into the DVD case.

> On Sep 20, 2022, at 12:00 PM, Jen K <write3...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> Joey, I laughed at this. (Just a few years behind you at 63.)

Jen K

Sep 20, 2022, 1:11:18 PM9/20/22
to JimCa...@googlegroups.com
A second postscript: they JOINED rather than “loined” him.