A Request: River Jordan Broadside Photos

Cassie Carter

Mar 25, 2023, 9:22:39 PM3/25/23
to jimcarroll, catholi...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am working diligently on fixing up CatholicBoy.com and cannot seem to find full sized photos of the "River Jordan" broadside.

Can you share yours? I am hoping to include all the variations:

  • Signed & numbered (with sepia pen)
  • Signed & unnumbered (with sepia pen)
  • signed with sharpie
  • JMM's handwritten version
I know I must have full size photos somewhere because I had to somehow make the thumbnails, but . . . you know what? I think it's more interesting to include photos from the people who have them! So if you send me a photo, tell me how you want to be credited!

Thanks,

Cassie

P.S. I suspect this may affect other broadsides as well.

LaVerne Kreklau

Mar 25, 2023, 10:07:11 PM3/25/23
to jimca...@googlegroups.com

https://web.archive.org/web/20120412115621/http://catholicboy.com/riverjordan.php

https://web.archive.org/web/20120325080345/http://www.catholicboy.com/gallery2/gallery2embedded.php

Use the WaybackMachine and you should be able to find all the graphics.  But if you want updated photos I can take some new photos of what I have.

LaVerne

Cassie Carter

Mar 25, 2023, 10:09:37 PM3/25/23
to jimca...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, LaVerne, but the existing images are tiny! I'm trying to find full size photos.

Cassie Carter

Mar 25, 2023, 10:12:40 PM3/25/23
to jimca...@googlegroups.com
BTW I had a huge server crash this week and was using Wayback Machine a lot!

Great minds an all that!

LaVerne Kreklau

Mar 25, 2023, 10:28:53 PM3/25/23
to jimca...@googlegroups.com
  • Catholic Boy (1980) -- some foreign editions have a lyrics sheet; also, some copies were pressed on the Rolling Stones label.

Did Jim ever verify that there were ANY copies pressed with the Rolling Stones label?  I have not ever been able to find one.

Cassie Carter

Mar 25, 2023, 10:37:22 PM3/25/23
to jimca...@googlegroups.com

LaVerne asked: Did Jim ever verify that there were ANY copies pressed with the Rolling Stones label?  I have not ever been able to find one.

I honestly don't know! LaVerne, I thought YOU were the expert on JCB rarities!

I just asked Stevie Linsley. If he doesn't know I'm not sure who would.

LaVerne Kreklau

Mar 26, 2023, 10:10:15 AM3/26/23
to jimca...@googlegroups.com

This is what I do know about “Catholic Boy” on the Rolling Stones label:

The album was originally scheduled to be released as COC 39112 on Rolling Stones records. Here’s what you can find in the Rolling Stones records archives –

39100 series:

The Rolling Stones Record label 39100 series was distributed by Atlantic. The Rolling Stones label is yellow with black printing. There is a red lips/tongue logo to the left of the center hole. The promotional label is white with black printing, same graphics but the logo does not appear because of the absence of the red printing.

*COC 39111 - Mystic Man - Peter Tosh [1979] (8-79, #123) Buk-In-Hamm Palace/Can't You See/Crystal Ball/The Day The Dollar Die/Fight On/Jah Seh No/Mystic Man/Recruiting Soldiers/Rumours Of War

COC 39112 -

COC 39113 - Still Life (American Concert 1981) - The Rolling Stones [1982] (6-82, #5) Intro: Take The A Train - Duke Ellington & His Orchestra/Under My Thumb/Let's Spend The Night Together/Shattered/Twenty Flight Rock/Going To A Go Go//Let Me Go/Time Is On My Side/Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)/Start Me Up/(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction/Outro - Playout: Star Spangled Banner - Jimi Hendrix

The 1st pressings of “Catholic Boy” on Atco Records have the Rolling Stones catalog number scratched out and the Atco number added.

It is my opinion that there never was any copies of “Catholic Boy” printed with the Rolling Stones label.

Anyway, back to your original post, I will take photos of the items in my collection and let you know when I am done.

Cassie Carter

Mar 27, 2023, 11:13:58 PM3/27/23
to jimca...@googlegroups.com
JCB bassist Stevie Linsley confirms that no JCB work was ever pressed on the Rolling Stones label.

M. Patricia Li

Mar 29, 2023, 10:51:39 AM3/29/23
to jimca...@googlegroups.com
here is mine!  it’s in a frame so you get a shadow of me as well.
hope all’s well,
amme

IMG_8864.jpg

Cassie Carter