New Member Here

Shannon Blake Skelton

Jun 5, 2022, 3:04:58 PM6/5/22
to Jim Carroll Discussion List
Hello All,

My name is Shannon Blake Skelton and I am a faculty member at Kansas State University. I have been a fan of Carroll's work since about 1991. As a student I worked with the poet George Wedge who hosted Carroll, Ginsberg, Ed Sanders, Jello Biafra and a slew of others as part of the River City Reunion in 1987. Here's an article on it. https://flashbak.com/river-city-reunion-beat-generation-authors-reconvene-in-kansas-1987-371333/ . There's a good pic of Carroll in the article. Prof. Wedge introduced me to Carroll's work when I took a class with him entitled "Drugs and Alcohol and Its Influence on Writers." Here's more: https://www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/oct/14/beat-goes-river-city-reunion-documented-photograph/

I've circled this group for a few years, but didn't make the plunge until today. I am so glad that this group exists to preserve Carroll's work and legacy.

Best, Shannon