Fwd: Let Me Know

Angad Singh

Mar 14, 2009, 4:50:34 AM3/14/09
to JIIT Sun Club, JIITU-LUG, jiitustu...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: nishanth loknath <nisha...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 1:46 PM
Subject: Let Me Know
To: an...@angadsingh.in

Hello,

I am Nishanth, from team Let Me Know, India's only comprehensive information portal for students.

At the outset, I wish to thank you for offering to help us "Break the Information Barrier".

We believe that opportunities are for everyone. In order to facilitate this, we need your support to reach out to the student community. We need you to help us spread the word.

Below, I have included a brief introduction on Let Me Know.

Please do have a look at it and pass it on to your friends. It would be great if you could circulate it in as many mailing groups as possible, so that we are able to truly "break the information barrier".

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Nishanth.

Let Me Know:

When was the last time you knew of a great opportunity... only to realise that it was too late!!!

Have you ever lost an opportunity simply because you just didn't know about it?

No more worries, because we're here to solve this problem by bridging the information gap.

Welcome to Let Me Know – India's only comprehensive information portal for students.

Let Me Know is a unique website that connects students across the country with the best opportunities, thereby breaking the information barrier.

What Is Let Me Know?

  • Let Me Know is the first effort of its kind to achieve scale in sharing opportunities with the Indian youth.

  • Based on an idea presented by Founder, Nitin Rao, at the London Business School in 2007, a prototype (letmeknow.wordpress.com) was founded in November 2007 and succeeded in connecting thousands of young Indians to opportunities.

  • At present, the portal is hosted at www.letmeknow.in

What Do We Do?

  • Collect information from three different sources: Organisers of events, Companies with opportunities and dedicated university-based student team searching through the internet.

  • Information is summarised and placed in a highly intuitive format on the portal.

How Is It Unique?

  • Find exactly what opportunities you've been looking for-internships, workshops, seminars, business conferences, tech-fests, literary events, scholarships and much more.

  • Hassle free: All necessary information (about an opportunity) is provided on a single page and facilitates easy decision-making (by the reader).

  • Multiple information sources leading to the maximum number of opportunities.

  • Absolutely free

Who Is It Helpful For?

  • Anyone interested in discovering new opportunities

  • Discover new avenues to develop your skill-set and enhance your profile.

Website Features

  • RSS Feeds and e-mail subscription

  • Customized experience upon sign-in

Sign In using Yahoo/Google/Open ID accounts

Category-wise alerts, comments and other user-centric features

  • Featured spaces and User-Suggested posts

Milestones

  • Presently we have 1050+ email subscriptions all around the globe and hope to widen our horizon.

  • We partner with students across Indian Universities, Think Change India- a leading blog on social innovation - as well as Engineers for Social Impact, our sister organization.

  • With us, opportunities are no longer exclusive.

Please do visit www.letmeknow.in for further details.

Join us in breaking the information barrier

--
Angad Singh
http://angadsingh.in