Has anyone worked on Hadoop before ?

Paritosh Anand

Aug 22, 2014, 11:12:24 AM8/22/14
to jii...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys.
I'm willing to work on big data for my majors. Any leads?
Please get in touch if you know anything about Hadoop. Also if you know good  self explanatory resources.

--
Regards,
Paritosh Anand

deepak aggarwal

Aug 22, 2014, 2:43:02 PM8/22/14
to jii...@googlegroups.com
This is a course which has been introduced by udacity. It is a very good beginner course.
https://www.udacity.com/course/ud617

You are a proud member of JIIT-LUG Community.
Have something to share, send an email to jii...@googlegroups.com

Neeraj Khandelwal

Aug 23, 2014, 3:24:33 AM8/23/14
to jii...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paritosh,

Can you know what you are trying to achieve through Big Data? What problem(s) are you aiming to solve?

Just for note, big data is a fancy term for huge amount of data. What is huge? Well, there is no direct answer. Vaguely I will put it this way, its like quantum physics where the general theories fails. You never know what is big data and at what point your algorithm will no longer valid or just going crazy over memory or time. The only way you will know when it will just happen.

I would suggest you to work on more practical problems at this stage. I would recommend data consistency over distributed systems/databases and like things.