What is OSDConf?

Vaidik Kapoor

Apr 11, 2014, 7:51:30 AM4/11/14
to JIIT OSDC Mailing List
Hi Guys,

I have not been very actively involved with OSDConf preparations because of prior commitments. But I am in touch with everything and I tried to pitch in my 2 cents wherever I can.

One thing that I have not been able to understand is what is OSDConf? What is the purpose of the event? Is it about FOSS? Or a conference where people talk about open-source software? Or just a tech. conference? Or a tech. conference targeted at working on products?

The different documents and content I have read about - they all seem to be saying different things. So firstly it is important to define what we are. And clearly use that everywhere - including website, sponsorship and invitation documents, social media, etc.

Thanks,
Vaidik Kapoor
vaidikkapoor.info

Ashish Dubey

Apr 11, 2014, 8:55:22 AM4/11/14
to jii...@googlegroups.com
The motive behind OSDConf is to hold a gathering of people who are interested in sharing their experience with open-source software, people who want to listen to others' experiences and learn from them and people who want to exchange ideas with others having similar interests and maybe hack on them together during the course of two days.

Moreover, OSDConf also aims to contribute towards growing the open-source community in Delhi/NCR, starting from JIIT.

You are a proud member of JIIT-LUG Community.
Have something to share, send an email to jii...@googlegroups.com

Vaidik Kapoor

Apr 11, 2014, 8:59:21 AM4/11/14
to JIIT OSDC Mailing List
In that case, lets make sure that we are not using just "FOSS" as the only keyword in our communications. The term FOSS is very different from OSS. So it must be used carefully in all our communications. For those who don't understand it, I'd suggest you guys to go ahead and read some about it.

Thanks

Vaidik Kapoor
vaidikkapoor.info

flyankur

Apr 11, 2014, 9:01:04 AM4/11/14
to jiitlug

Amreesh Tyagi

Apr 12, 2014, 10:16:58 AM4/12/14
to jii...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

I have shared Invitation cum sponsorship doc with my company 'Monotype Solutions', as I am planning to get some funding.

They are asking for Contact Number.

I think, we should add at least one contact number.

Best Regards,

_________________________

Amreesh Tyagi

Software Engineer

_________________________

Fourth Floor- Tower B, GYS Universal

Plot A-3,4 & 5, Sector-125

Noida-201301

_________________________

www.monotype.com

flyankur

Apr 12, 2014, 10:35:17 PM4/12/14
to jiitlug
Hey Amreesh,

Updated doc with contact details. For now you can give my phone number +91 9871967567 & ashish's phone number +91 9818540757

- Ankur Saxena

Follow me @flyankur

Amreesh Tyagi

Apr 13, 2014, 10:28:59 AM4/13/14