Measuring pages with iframes

Aleksey

Feb 4, 2009, 6:06:07 PM2/4/09
to jiffy-web

Hi all,

I'm not very well versed in the front end part, I need some help on
this issue. If I have a few iframes on the page, how do I use jiffy to
measure performance inside them?

Jiffy measurements from beginning to the end of the main page is 2
seconds, but the whole load time shown is much longer, over 10
seconds. This is because iframes keep loading content after main page
is done.

Is there a way to pass Jiffy params and measurements back and forth
between iframes? I imagine I can pass jsStart down to iframes as a
parameter, so that relative times show properly, but then whatever
measurements took place inside need to be passed back to Jiffy object
on the main page, right?

How do I do that? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance