Postgres support

christian.storm

Jul 23, 2008, 9:24:55 PM7/23/08
to jiffy-web
Do you know if anyone is working on Postgres support? There looks to
be a good
amount of porting to PostgreSQL's PL/pgSQL language from Oracle's PL/
SQL language.
I thought whitepages.com was a postgres shop? ;)

Thanks for the great tool and presentation @ Velocity. One of the
most exiting
things I saw at the conference.

Christian

Devin Ben-Hur

Jul 24, 2008, 3:14:30 PM7/24/08
to jiff...@googlegroups.com
christian.storm wrote:
> Do you know if anyone is working on Postgres support? There looks to
> be a good
> amount of porting to PostgreSQL's PL/pgSQL language from Oracle's PL/
> SQL language.
> I thought whitepages.com was a postgres shop? ;)

We are a big postgres user, mostly for our large search databases; we
use all of Oracle, Pstgres, MySQL, and BerkeleyDBs. Oracle was initially
targeted because we had an instance running that was already principally
used for site monitoring data acquisition and analysis and it seemed
like the natural home.

I've been working as a background task to try to make all the DB stuff
more or less DB agnostic, but I don't have anything like a firm delivery
date on that. My initial target is to unify the oracle code we have and
the MySql adatation contributed by nostromo, but once that's done, pg
should be relatively simple to accommodate.

--
-Devin