Newbie how to use

electronbender

Jul 17, 2008, 12:57:03 PM7/17/08
to jiffy-web
I installed the Jiffy Firebug plugin, however i'm unable to generate
the graphs that i see in the screenshots.
In fact, i cant get a thing.
I click the Jiffy tab, then duration, but i get nothing.
Do i have to put something in my code to start getting data, or?

Bill

Jul 17, 2008, 2:53:11 PM7/17/08
to jiffy-web
What version of Firefox? What version of Firebug? What OS (Mac/Win)?

I have tested the latest version of FF3 (Gecko/2008070206 Firefox/
3.0.1) with the latest Firebug (1.2.0b6) and if I go to
http://billwscott.com/jiffyext/testJiffyExt.html and click the Jiffy
tab I get results graphed.

I have also retested with Firefox 2 and Firebug 1.05 and it is working
for me.

I updated the http://billwscott.com/jiffyext/ to reflect two supported
firebug versions.

* for Firefox 2 ... Firebug 1.05
* for Firefox 3 ... Firebug 1.2.0b6

It was too hard to support the 7 or 8 versions of firebug X the FF2 &
FF3.

--
Bill

Bill

Jul 17, 2008, 4:35:35 PM7/17/08
to jiffy-web
Also re-tested under Windows and it appears to be working fine.

I know someone had a problem under Windows 2000, but I don't have
access to a 2000 machine.
Bill

On Jul 17, 11:53 am, Bill <billwsc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What version of Firefox? What version of Firebug? What OS (Mac/Win)?
>
> I have tested the latest version of FF3 (Gecko/2008070206 Firefox/
> 3.0.1) with the latest Firebug (1.2.0b6) and if I go tohttp://billwscott.com/jiffyext/testJiffyExt.htmland click the Jiffy
> tab I get results graphed.
>
> I have also retested with Firefox 2 and Firebug 1.05 and it is working
> for me.
>
> I updated thehttp://billwscott.com/jiffyext/to reflect two supported

Patrick McFadin

Jul 17, 2008, 4:41:23 PM7/17/08
to jiff...@googlegroups.com
electronblender, to answer your question about the code. Yes you do need to put the Jiffy js code somewhere in your html. If you follow the link that Bill posted to test the plugin, that is ready to go so you can test your plugin.

electronbender

Jul 21, 2008, 7:00:55 AM7/21/08
to jiffy-web
Right, looking at the example now, works fine there...
Thanks for clearing things up!