Can't get Jiffy Reporting to work

ralph

Sep 9, 2008, 11:32:06 AM9/9/08
to jiffy-web
Hello group,

I'm currently experimenting with Jiffy, and everything seems to work
fine so far except the reporting tool. I am able to import the log
(example log provided in the package or my own) into a mysql database.
But report.html does not show any entries. Calling the php file
manually does not throw any errors, so I assume PDO is working
correctly. I can call the php file manually, but it does not return
any results, like for the sample log file:

http://localhost/report.php?v=measures&start=2008-06-27&end=2008-06-27&interval=1h

returns

{"params":{"startdate":"2008-06-27 00:00:00","enddate":"2008-06-27
23:59:59","rtype":"all","rinterval":"1h"},"rows":[]}

There must be something wrong, but I do not seem to get what. So any
help is appreciated.

I am also interested in alternative reporting tools that work either
on the database or the log file level.
--
Regards
Ralph

Don Shanks

Sep 9, 2008, 2:27:56 PM9/9/08
to jiff...@googlegroups.com
I am assuming you made edits to use the MySQL database instead of
Oracle, it appears you aren't getting any rows back from the database

ralph

Sep 10, 2008, 4:58:18 AM9/10/08
to jiffy-web
No, MySQL support is currently built in. The file dbconn.inc.php does
have a MySQL configuration section and uses PDO to access the db. I do
get errors if I try to connect to the db with wrong parameters, so I
assume the connection does work ok. But as you said, I do not seem to
get any data from the db.

ralph

Sep 15, 2008, 10:09:00 AM9/15/08
to jiffy-web
OK, it works for me now. It seems like my MySQL-Version choked upon
some sql-statement in the php code. I fixed it for me, but as I do not
use Oracle, I do not know how to fix it for both dbms.
--
Regard
Ralph

Don Shanks