Connecting to repository via Eclipse

Carlton

Jul 9, 2008, 5:24:42 AM7/9/08
to jiffy-web
Hey, saw the presentation from Velocity and thought I should really
start measuring performance of our apps, this tool looks great for
that purpose. I have Eclipse 3.2+ and have successfully installed SVN
but having trouble connecting to the SVN repository.

When adding a new SVN repository URL I try...http://jiffy-
web.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
Eclipse fails to connect that way, possibly because of
proxy...however, when I use https://jiffy-web.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
a username and password prompt appears, what should this be?

dshanks

Jul 9, 2008, 11:03:58 AM7/9/08
to jiffy-web
What plugin are you using? I am using subclipse and simply entering
the url is accessing the repository. Read-only access has no username/
password associated.

On Jul 9, 2:24 am, Carlton <carltondick...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey, saw the presentation from Velocity and thought I should really
> start measuring performance of our apps, this tool looks great for
> that purpose. I have Eclipse 3.2+ and have successfully installed SVN
> but having trouble connecting to the SVN repository.
>
> When adding a new SVN repository URL I try...http://jiffy-
> web.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
> Eclipse fails to connect that way, possibly because of
> proxy...however, when I usehttps://jiffy-web.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Carlton

Jul 18, 2008, 7:54:23 AM7/18/08
to jiffy-web
I think it's subeclipse too..."org.tigris.subversion.subclipse_1.4.1"

* I right click PHP explorer and select 'import'
* SVN > Checkout Projects from SVN
* Create new repository
* URL = https://jiffy-web.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
* Then I get an 'Enter username and password' prompt

I get a similar sort of thing when I access https://jiffy-web.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

I'll try this at home too, as it may be the proxy we have at work

Don Shanks

Jul 18, 2008, 9:38:33 AM7/18/08
to jiff...@googlegroups.com
Use the lower link to connect, the non-secure one. That one is
anonymous. The top, secure, link is for contributors and requires
authentication.

-D