calculate TE from 2D pose

cms

Dec 10, 2020, 5:17:53 PM12/10/20
to Java Information Dynamics Toolkit (JIDT) discussion
i want to calculate TE between the two vehicles.
vehicle's data is 2D pose (x,y) (ex. [0,0], [1,1], [2,2]...)
so i calculated TE using TransferEntropyCalculatorMultiVariateKraskov class by PYTHON

and i set property as follows:
teCalc.setProperty(teCalcClass.PROP_K_SEARCH_MAX, "6")
teCalc.setProperty(teCalcClass.PROP_TAU_SEARCH_MAX, "6")
teCalc.initialise(2,2)

i have some question

1. Is this thr right way?

2. I used this data

 but TE is 0.0 both car1 -> car2 and car2 -> car1
 Am i doing it the wrong way?

3. I made sample data and tested it. As a result, i get a negative value
what does negative value mean?

I'm still a student so i'm lacking.
I'd appreciate your help.

Joseph Lizier

Dec 10, 2020, 11:32:17 PM12/10/20
to JIDT Discussion list
Hello,

Answers are inline below

--joe

On Fri, 11 Dec 2020 at 09:17, 'cms' via Java Information Dynamics Toolkit (JIDT) discussion <jidt-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
i want to calculate TE between the two vehicles.
vehicle's data is 2D pose (x,y) (ex. [0,0], [1,1], [2,2]...)
so i calculated TE using TransferEntropyCalculatorMultiVariateKraskov class by PYTHON

and i set property as follows:
teCalc.setProperty(teCalcClass.PROP_K_SEARCH_MAX, "6")
teCalc.setProperty(teCalcClass.PROP_TAU_SEARCH_MAX, "6")
teCalc.initialise(2,2)

i have some question

1. Is this thr right way?

If you are setting K_SEARCH_MAX and TAU_SEARCH_MAX, this indicates that you are wanted to have these auto-selected (as described in this video for the univariate TE). You will also need to indicate the auto-embedding method (i.e. setting the teCalcClass.PROP_AUTO_EMBED_METHOD property to e.g. teCalcClass.AUTO_EMBED_METHOD_MAX_CORR_AIS_DEST_ONLY) otherwise the embedding parameters will stay at their default of 1.
The initialise(2,2) call looks fine for 2D data.

2. I used this data

 but TE is 0.0 both car1 -> car2 and car2 -> car1
 Am i doing it the wrong way?

I've no idea which data you are talking about, so that is difficult to answer. It is unlikely the KSG estimator gives an exact 0 answer though, so something is likely not quite right.

3. I made sample data and tested it. As a result, i get a negative value
what does negative value mean?

See this FAQ

--
JIDT homepage: https://github.com/jlizier/jidt