JIDT as docker image?

Martin Frasch

Oct 19, 2021, 5:25:56 PM10/19/21
to Java Information Dynamics Toolkit (JIDT) discussion
Has anyone configured JIDT to run as a docker image with GPU and Python support, preferably?

Thank you and best regards,
Martin

Joseph Lizier

Oct 19, 2021, 6:20:01 PM10/19/21
to JIDT Discussion list
This is not something I've needed to try, perhaps others can comment

--joe

--
JIDT homepage: https://github.com/jlizier/jidt
---

Martin Frasch

Oct 19, 2021, 6:30:06 PM10/19/21
to jidt-d...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Joe.

Recently I ran my JIDT-based scripts using Python API and they failed to execute due to some broken dependencies in Java. I realized then that I need to containerize. This also makes it easy to share the work with others.

-- Thank you all for any guidance.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Java Information Dynamics Toolkit (JIDT) discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jidt-discuss/CAL81BvQWoGCDgJ1AHNaBz81amUX1uOcUkt3MAw1F-8T%2BnvQ3NQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Simon Watson

Feb 1, 2022, 6:53:05 AM2/1/22
to Java Information Dynamics Toolkit (JIDT) discussion
Hi Martin - I'm working on this presently. I have CPU functionality but not GPU yet. Also - I'm not using a GUI passthrough so rely on using Python integration in Jupyter Notebooks. I'm using NVIDIA-Docker integrated on a Pop_OS on a laptop from System76. I'd be happy to share my Dockerfile once I have it working. I've contacted the team separately but I suspect it's just an issue with mismatched Nvidia Driver and CUDA version.

Simon

Martin Frasch

Jun 19, 2022, 2:45:24 AM6/19/22
to jidt-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,
That would be great. Let me know, please, if you got the docker working and on dockerhub.
With best regards,
Martin