about NOISE_LEVEL_TO_ADD

Abolfazl Ziaeemehr

Jan 1, 2021, 3:35:11 AM1/1/21
to Java Information Dynamics Toolkit (JIDT) discussion
Hello,
I hope every one be healthy,
It's about the parameter `noise_level_to_add` in auto_analyser. How can I get some information about why we need this parameter?

Just to clarify suppose one wants to calculate the MI or TE between two time series which come from solving a system of ODE.
Does it mean that we need to add tiny level of noise to the ODE and solve a stochastic differential equation or just add some level of noise to the final time series?
The system of ODE can be e. g. Kuramoto Model.

I appreciate it to clarify this or introduce me some reference about it.
best,
Ziaee

Joseph Lizier

Jan 1, 2021, 8:19:31 AM1/1/21
to JIDT Discussion list
Dear Zaiee,

You don't need to add any noise yourself, the estimator will do it for you with the final time series. I would suggest leaving the default value as is.

--joe

Sent from my mobile device

--
JIDT homepage: https://github.com/jlizier/jidt