Symbolic Transfer Entropy

nahuel armando moreno perez

Sep 5, 2023, 10:01:05 PM9/5/23
to Java Information Dynamics Toolkit (JIDT) discussion
Im trying to calculate trasnfer entropy for multiple time series using TransferEntropyCalculatorSymbolic.
 I was able to use other measures as Gaussian, Kernel, etc for my specific
data, but when i try with symbolic i get some problems. At first i thought it was
because calc.initialise() need it an integer to create the symbols for my specific data
but i don't understand what value is need it in there, according to my problem.

If any additional information is need it to answer my question i will be happy to give it to you.
I hope this is not a dumb question and than my english is not making things hard to understand.
For you advice and pacience i thank you.

Joseph Lizier

Sep 6, 2023, 7:35:41 PM9/6/23
to jidt-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nahuel,

To report a problem / request help properly, I need you to be a bit more specific.  Can you send a minimal code example to demonstrate it, and the error message that is reported?

--joe

--
JIDT homepage: https://github.com/jlizier/jidt
---