New release v1.6

Joseph Lizier

Sep 5, 2022, 8:52:12 PM9/5/22
to JIDT Discussion list
Hello JIDT followers,

Am writing to announce the new v1.6 release of JIDT - see https://github.com/jlizier/jidt/releases/tag/v1.6

It's not a major milestone release, just making sure there's a new release to capture updates from the last little while (since it's been a few years since I made one). These include: improvements to the AutoAnalyser and python code, a new Flocking demo, IIT and S-/o-information measures, and a new spiking TE estimator.
Big thanks go to Pedro Mediano (IIT and S-/O-information measures) and David Shorten (TE estimator for spike trains) for major pieces here.

There's lots more to do as always. Over the next little while I'll be concentrating on improving the AutoAnalyser to have it generate code for multivariate analysis, integrate open PRs, and adding improvements such as Oliver Cliff's great work on showing how to handle autocorrelations for the linear-Gaussian estimators.
Don't forget for effective network inference to check out our IDTxl project.

Finally, I'm not sure I've announced here yet my lecture series on Information Theory and Self-organisation which is available in this YouTube playlist (the slides are distributed with JIDT). This provides background to the philosophy and theory of the measures implemented in JIDT, as well as guiding the user through how to approach using the measures in JIDT, in particular via the AutoAnalyser. I'm planning a big refresh and expansion of these in the next year or so, but they're eminently usable as is, particularly to get people started with JIDT.

Regards,
--joe