Tutorial - "How to embed and play a movie on an object in Unity3d and Jibe"

John "Pathfinder" Lester

Apr 8, 2013, 4:42:22 PM4/8/13
to jibe-and...@googlegroups.com
I just wrote a new tutorial: "How to embed and play a movie on an object in Unity3d and Jibe"

The tutorial explains how to take an OGG video file hosted on a website and download/stream it to the surface of any object in Unity3d and Jibe.

Take care,
-John

Sterling Wright

Apr 9, 2013, 5:25:28 PM4/9/13
to jibe-and...@googlegroups.com
Most appreciated, John.
I was in your Jibe world last week for the first time in some time....loved the rain of debris on my head!  Not sure how I triggered that and could not recreate, but it was most cool! :)

John "Pathfinder" Lester

Apr 11, 2013, 12:14:26 PM4/11/13
to jibe-and...@googlegroups.com
Nice!  :)  I'm glad you're still visiting and exploring.

Here's the trick.

1) Click on the Meteor Shield cylinder.  This rezzes a gigantic roof made out of physics-enabled blocks held together by relatively weak connections.
2) Click on the Meteor Shower sign.  This starts a meteor shower.

See attached pic for exactly what to click on for step 1 and 2.
step 1 and 2.JPG

Sterling Wright

Apr 11, 2013, 6:20:59 PM4/11/13
to jibe-and...@googlegroups.com
Wow....did I actually do all of that clicking?? :-)  I must have had A LOT of lag....
Thanks for being so attentive!