Please vote for the Jakara Movement and help us build a Sikh Museum.

Armandeep010 Kaur

Jan 17, 2010, 8:31:06 PM1/17/10
to jib...@googlegroups.com

Dear Owner,

As a member of your group, I would kindly like to make a request. If you could please read the following message and forward it to our entire group, I would greatly appreciate it. Please let me know if this is possible. I look forward to hearing from you.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

Dear Sevadars/Administrator,

We are URGENTLY requesting you to send an email to your supporters and listserve.  At the end of this message is a possible draft of the email to be forwarded.

WHY: We are humbly requesting your help.  We are seeking to help lay the foundation for the first Sikh Museum and Sikh Women's Domestic Violence Shelter in North America.

The Jakara Movement, a Sikh youth organization, was 1 of 100 organizations that has moved into the 2nd round of the Chase Bank Community Giving Competition.  In the first round, we competed with over 500,000 nonprofit charities throughout the United States.

With the Chase Bank competition, we have a new opportunity to serve our community.  We have publicly committed all winning monies to TWO community dream projects - the foundation of a Sikh Museum AND the establishment of the Mata Gujri Women's Center and Domestic Violence Shelter in Central California.

We are seeking your partnership in helping to promote voting.  The competition lasts for only 1 week.  It ENDS on January 22nd.

People can vote from anywhere in the world, so long as they have a FACEBOOK account.

The Jakara Movement can be reached at 559-674-7454 to discuss any details or if you can provide a number, we can give you a call.  We look forward to being in touch soon.

Gur Fateh.