maven buildinfo update to Artifactory fails for docker jib images

harik

Mar 18, 2021, 3:25:40 AM3/18/21
to Jib users
Hi,

I'm having trouble in associating Jenkins buildinfo to docker image uploaded to jFrog Artifactory.
Below is the pipeline stage for buildinfo association..

aServer = Artifactory.newServer url: 'https://XXXXX/artifactory' , credentialsId: 'XXXX'
            rtMaven = Artifactory.newMavenBuild()
            buildInfo = Artifactory.newBuildInfo()
    rtMaven.tool = 'maven-363'
             buildInfo = rtMaven.run pom: 'pom.xml', goals: 'clean compile jib:build', buildInfo: buildInfo
            artifactoryServer.publishBuildInfo buildInfo

Image getting pushed to Artifactory repository but job buidinfo fails with below message in log

[main] INFO org.jfrog.build.extractor.maven.BuildDeploymentHelper - Artifactory Build Info Recorder: deploy artifacts set to false, artifacts will not be deployed...
[main] INFO org.jfrog.build.extractor.maven.BuildDeploymentHelper - Artifactory Build Info Recorder: publish build info set to false, build info will not be published...

I have tried to set properties as below but still the buildinfo push fails.
            rtMaven.deployer.buildArtifacts = true
            rtMaven.deployer.deployArtifacts = true

Please help in understand what I'm missing here.

Regards,
Hari

Chanseok Oh

Mar 18, 2021, 10:22:51 AM3/18/21
to Jib users
Hi Hari,

I really don't know anything about Jenkins and Artifactory for this, and this doesn't seem related to Jib at all. So I cannot really understand what's going on or tell you how to resolve this, but this Stack Overflow question may be helpful? The answer has two samples (regular deploy pipeline and late deploy pipeline) too.