Gradle Enterprise for JHipster Lite

Frederik Hahne

Feb 11, 2023, 6:34:58 AM2/11/23
to JHipster dev team
Hi everyone,

It was nice to meet you yesterday. Coming back to our gradle enterprise instance. I see at least two ways to put it to better use.

* integrate it into the jhipster gradle sample (in fact I always wanted to do that, but didn't, sorry for that) --> we will have build scans at least for every release, so we will see improvements (or getting worse, who knows)
* integrate it into the general jhipster lite build, which is a maven project,  but we will have build scans, and for everyone who would like to have it the build cache too.

what do you think?

For the putting atomic jar/testcontainers to a higher sponsorship tear, we might use it in jhipster lite, but there is only one integration test using testcontainers right now. About the jhipster classic ci (which uses docker a lot) I am not sure we use testcontainers for everything, but it might be worth a try if we have a jhipster account/credentials. But I have never used testcontainers cloud in ci yet, so not sure how much we would have to change.

best regards

Frederik

Pascal GRIMAUD

Feb 12, 2023, 2:41:37 AM2/12/23
to Frederik Hahne, JHipster dev team
Hello,

The JHLite took approximatively 4min15 to build, using the cache from GitHub.
But if you think it can be improved by the Gradle Enterprise, yes let's go ahead.
It's always better to have the fastest CI as possible :-)

For testcontainers in JHLite, I need to have a look but some options use testcontainers, like PostgreSQL, Kafka, Cassandra, Keycloak... So it can help here too.

Pascal

Frederik Hahne

Feb 12, 2023, 3:45:00 AM2/12/23
to JHipster dev team
Just realized yesterday we don't have the required license to use maven with our Gradle enterprise instance. Therfore I will first try to get it into the sample app's ci.