[VOTE] Release JHipster 8.1.0

Matt Raible

Dec 7, 2023, 6:38:36 PM12/7/23
to JHipster dev team
We have Spring Boot 3.2 support on the main branch, and we integrated Angular 17 a couple of weeks ago. Let's do a new release!

Please take it for a spin and vote:

+1 to release
-1 not to release (with reasons)

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Raible

Dec 8, 2023, 12:12:24 AM12/8/23
to JHipster dev team
My vote is +1

> On Dec 7, 2023, at 16:38, Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> wrote:
>
> We have Spring Boot 3.2 support on the main branch, and we integrated Angular 17 a couple of weeks ago. Let's do a new release!

Frederik Hahne

Dec 8, 2023, 1:53:23 AM12/8/23
to Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
+1

Aurélien Mino

Dec 8, 2023, 1:55:54 AM12/8/23
to Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
+1

Deepu K Sasidharan

Dec 8, 2023, 4:22:50 AM12/8/23
to Aurélien Mino, Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
+1

I'll wait until evening to see if someone has a concern, else will start the release today evening or tomorrow morning

Daniel Franco

Dec 8, 2023, 6:56:17 AM12/8/23
to Deepu K Sasidharan, Aurélien Mino, Matt Raible, JHipster dev team

Charlie Mordant

Dec 8, 2023, 3:18:21 PM12/8/23
to Daniel Franco, Deepu K Sasidharan, Aurélien Mino, Matt Raible, JHipster dev team

Matt Raible

Dec 9, 2023, 11:16:48 AM12/9/23
to Charlie Mordant, Daniel Franco, Deepu K Sasidharan, Aurélien Mino, JHipster dev team
Hello everyone,

It's been more than 24 hours and we have no negative votes.

Deepu: Can you please do a release sometime this weekend or Monday morning?

Thanks,

Matt

Deepu K Sasidharan

Dec 11, 2023, 5:30:55 AM12/11/23
to Matt Raible, Charlie Mordant, Daniel Franco, Aurélien Mino, JHipster dev team
I'm starting the release now, please dont merge anything today

Thanks & Regards,
Deepu

Deepu K Sasidharan

Dec 11, 2023, 6:43:42 AM12/11/23
to Matt Raible, Charlie Mordant, Daniel Franco, Aurélien Mino, JHipster dev team
Folks, can I please request you all to have a more descriptive PR titles, something like "[Area:Technology] Title", for example "[Frontend: Angular] fix translation typos" or "[Backend: Hibernate] Fix cache" This will make drafting release notes much more smoother and accurate

Thanks & Regards,
Deepu

Deepu K Sasidharan

Dec 11, 2023, 8:14:22 AM12/11/23
to Matt Raible, Charlie Mordant, Daniel Franco, Aurélien Mino, JHipster dev team
Release complete

Thanks & Regards,
Deepu