Access to npm for React Native blueprint release

Matt Raible

Sep 2, 2022, 6:02:20 PM9/2/22
to JHipster dev team
Hey all,

I’d like to publish a new version of our React Native blueprint. Is it possible to get permissions to the jhipster org on npm, or just the react-native repo? I currently don’t have access.

https://github.com/jhipster/generator-jhipster-react-native

Here’s what I do have access to:

https://www.npmjs.com/~mraible

I don’t need access if someone is able to add an NPM_TOKEN secret to the repository. I have a GitHub Action that will publish when a new release is cut.

https://github.com/jhipster/generator-jhipster-react-native/blob/main/.github/workflows/publish.yml

Thanks!

Matt

Pascal GRIMAUD

Sep 3, 2022, 2:56:20 AM9/3/22
to Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
Hello,

Matt:
- you can try to use NPM_TOKEN but if you use F2A in your NPM account, you won't be able to use it.

- About GitHub, you are already an admin in generator-jhipster-react-native repository. Can't you see this page https://github.com/jhipster/generator-jhipster-react-native/settings/secrets/actions ?
image.png

- about https://www.npmjs.com/package/generator-jhipster-react-native package in NPM, it doesn't belong to JHipster organization, but you're already admin there, with Jon

image.png

Jon Ruddell

Sep 3, 2022, 3:16:23 AM9/3/22
to Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
Hey Matt,

I added you to the npm maintainers for the package. I’m traveling at the moment and only have my phone so I’m hoping it worked (looks like it did, based on Pascal’s email). Thanks for helping.

Best,
Jon

Matt Raible

Sep 3, 2022, 8:30:19 AM9/3/22
to Jon Ruddell, JHipster dev team
Thanks everyone! I'll wait until Tuesday (when I'm back in the office) to do a release.

Matt Raible

Sep 12, 2022, 11:36:25 AM9/12/22
to Jon Ruddell, JHipster dev team
Hey Jon,

Are you still willing to be the stream lead on the React Native blueprint?

If so, can you please add a comment to the PR below.

Thanks!

Matt