VOTE: Release JHipster 8.5.0

Matt Raible

May 23, 2024, 8:46:56 PMMay 23
to JHipster dev team
Hi Java Hipsters!

I propose that we release JHipster 8.5.0 based on the code that is currently in the main branch. The primary reasons are for Spring Boot 3.3.0 support, code quality fixes, and more type safety in the core generator.

Please vote in the next 72 hours to approve this release.
+1 to release
-1 not to release (with reasons)

Release notes:

Please use the 8.5.0 milestone if you'd to add additional issues to this release, or comment on this issue:

Thanks,

Matt

Julien Dubois

May 24, 2024, 2:53:37 AMMay 24
to Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
+1 !!

Frederik Hahne

May 24, 2024, 4:45:58 AMMay 24
to JHipster dev team
+1

quentin.monmert

May 24, 2024, 7:03:57 AMMay 24
to JHipster dev team
+1

Deepu K Sasidharan

May 27, 2024, 8:14:48 AMMay 27
to quentin.monmert, JHipster dev team

+1

Thanks & Regards,
Deepu

Daniel Franco

May 28, 2024, 1:26:20 AMMay 28
to quentin.monmert, JHipster dev team

Renan Franca

May 28, 2024, 1:26:20 AMMay 28
to quentin.monmert, JHipster dev team

Matt Raible

May 28, 2024, 9:33:52 AMMay 28
to Renan Franca, quentin.monmert, JHipster dev team
The vote passes! I’ll start the release after my morning meetings. I’ll make sure to respond to this email when I’m about to start.

Matt Raible

May 28, 2024, 7:25:33 PMMay 28
to JHipster dev team
Hello everyone,

I’ve decided to do the release in the morning MDT (UTC-6). I’ll send another message before I start.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Raible

May 29, 2024, 12:28:10 PMMay 29
to JHipster dev team
Hi team,

I’ve decided to wait until Spring Cloud 2023.0.2 is released. That’s scheduled to happen tomorrow. I’ll do the release after we’ve upgraded it in JHipster. I’m not sure what time that'll happen as a I have a couple interviews tomorrow and the release usually takes a couple of hours.

Matt Raible

May 30, 2024, 3:38:16 PMMay 30
to JHipster dev team
It looks like the release is ready to go now. I have a few prior commitments I need to attend to before I can start it. I should be able to start the release process around 6PM Mountain (12am UTC).

On May 29, 2024, at 10:27 AM, Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> wrote:

Hi team,

I’ve decided to wait until Spring Cloud 2023.0.2 is released. That’s scheduled to happen tomorrow. I’ll do the release after we’ve upgraded it in JHipster. I’m not sure what time that'll happen as a I have a couple interviews tomorrow and the release usually takes a couple of hours.

Matt Raible

May 30, 2024, 8:33:38 PMMay 30
to JHipster dev team
I'll start the release at 6:45 MT, in 12 minutes.

On May 30, 2024, at 13:38, Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> wrote:

It looks like the release is ready to go now. I have a few prior commitments I need to attend to before I can start it. I should be able to start the release process around 6PM Mountain (12am UTC).

Matt Raible

May 30, 2024, 10:58:21 PMMay 30
to JHipster dev team
The 8.5.0 release is complete! Please let me know if you see any issues.