Release v8.0.1

Deepu K Sasidharan

Nov 16, 2023, 3:55:36 AM11/16/23
to JHipster dev team
Hello folks,

I believe a patch release is needed for some of the bugs in v8. I can do a release this week. Let me know if I should wait for any specific merges.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepu

Daniel Franco

Nov 16, 2023, 4:56:09 AM11/16/23
to Deepu K Sasidharan, JHipster dev team
Hi Deepu

I merged Angular 17 dependency upgrade this morning, but it uses ng-bootstrap rc version.
We should wait maybe for the final version?

Deepu K Sasidharan

Nov 30, 2023, 5:53:24 AM11/30/23
to Daniel Franco, Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
Can we plan a release end of next week?

Thanks & Regards,
Deepu

Daniel Franco

Nov 30, 2023, 6:58:50 AM11/30/23
to Deepu K Sasidharan, Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
Hi Deepu

Spring-cloud is targeted for December 5th, so it should be OK for the end of next week to release the 8.1.0: https://github.com/spring-cloud/spring-cloud-release/milestones

Thanks
Daniel

Deepu K Sasidharan

Dec 6, 2023, 4:02:49 AM12/6/23
to Daniel Franco, Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
Seems the spring cloud release didn't happen. Matt do you want me to make a patch (8.0.1) release for other stuff or wait for spring cloud and release 8.1 ?

Matt Raible

Dec 6, 2023, 9:28:01 AM12/6/23
to Deepu K Sasidharan, Daniel Franco, JHipster dev team
Let's wait another 24 hours. It'd be a shame if we release 8.0.1 and 8.1.0 with a day or two of each other.