Heroku Credits for OSS Projects

Frederik Hahne

Feb 23, 2023, 3:42:49 AM2/23/23
to JHipster dev team
Hi everyone,

I just  came across the Heroku Feedback Q&A. Starting from march OSS projects can apply for free credits (https://www.heroku.com/open-source-credit-program). I guess jhipster is great to be supported. Not sure how the credits are granted, best would be some group account for jhipster so everyone can test things out. What do you think?

best regards

Fred

Julien Dubois

Feb 23, 2023, 4:28:03 AM2/23/23
to Frederik Hahne, JHipster dev team
Yes but that would be mostly for testing or demos - currently we are on GCP and:

1/ they’ve always been good sponsors
2/ even if they stop sponsoring us, they are quite cheap
3/ they got all our data, and a migration would take some time/money

For testing/demos, I’ll also need to write some documentation on Azure Container Apps + Azure CosmosDB as we have some “serverless” (I hate that word) offers that let you run everything for free.

Julien

Frederik Hahne

Feb 23, 2023, 4:34:18 AM2/23/23
to JHipster dev team
Yes exactly for demos and testing our heroku sub generator. We also have quite some documentation (aka free advertising) for heroku.