Fwd: New jhipster questions for Mar 6 - Stack Exchange

Matt Raible

Mar 6, 2023, 9:12:43 AM3/6/23
to JHipster dev team
Happy Monday, y’all!

Can a blueprint expert please answer the 2nd question below?

Thanks,

Matt

Begin forwarded message:

From: Stack Exchange <do-not...@stackoverflow.email>
Subject: New jhipster questions for Mar 6 - Stack Exchange
Date: March 6, 2023 at 3:46:00 AM MST

Stack Exchange

The following 2 items were added to your Stack Exchange "jhipster" feed.

Stack Overflow

Jhipster is terminated automatically in Eclipse

While running the maven jhipster application in eclipse. Application is termintaed automatcically, no logs showed. Its my first time working with Jhipster. Please help me !!

tagged: jhipsterMar 6 at 5:54

Stack Overflow

What is the importance of the `app` sub-generator in a blueprint

I've got a mostly working blueprint for internal use-cases. Lots of opportunity left. However, the need or use of the app sub-generator is not clear during blueprint generation. It is is one of many ...

tagged: jhipster,  jhipster-blueprintMar 5 at 13:16

Unsubscribe from this filter or change your email preferences by visiting your filter subscriptions page on stackexchange.com.

Questions? Comments? Let us know on our [feedback site](https://meta.stackexchange.com).

Stack Exchange Inc. 110 William Street, 28th floor, NY NY 10038 <3

Deepu K Sasidharan

Mar 6, 2023, 9:37:19 AM3/6/23
to Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
I think Marcelo has changed things around the blueprint quite a lot, so I'm not sure enough to answer. I'll check and see if something still makes sense :P

Thanks & Regards,
Deepu

Anthony Viard

Mar 6, 2023, 9:38:36 AM3/6/23
to Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
Hey Matt,
it seems the second question included 2 questions actually: the app generator and the "application" object.
I remember I gave that presentation during our live talks on Youtube, and I explained the architecture of our sub generators including the "app" one. It's a bit old so I'm not sure I can answer with that content unless somebody that worked on that can validate this. The video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2Pv2JnLDs
This can be completed with this article (a bit old too): https://medium.com/@anth.viard/build-your-own-jhipster-with-modules-and-blueprints-dd7a2833a388

Let me know if I can help.

Matt Raible

Mar 6, 2023, 10:45:57 AM3/6/23
to Anthony Viard, JHipster dev team
Anthony,

Can you please post this to Stack Overflow? I don't want to take credit for your answer.

Thanks,

Matt