v8 Beta?

Matt Raible

Jun 6, 2023, 5:24:10 PM6/6/23
to JHipster dev team
What do y'all think about doing a beta release of v8? Are there more issues to address before a release? If not, does anyone have time to make it happen?

Thanks,

Matt

Julien Dubois

Jun 7, 2023, 2:14:42 AM6/7/23
to Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
Hi everyone,

Yes we should really move forward on this. Also, the current release doesn’t work on a recent NodeJS version, and that’s blocking many people.
I should be able to help this month, also I might find some help from inside Microsoft, as now other teams start to use and love JHipster (it took me 4 years, but at least it’s happening!).

Julien

Daniel Franco

Jun 7, 2023, 2:58:45 AM6/7/23
to Julien Dubois, Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
Hi,

I already started to create it, bom version is available and the react lib also.

Will try to create the generator version soon...

Matt Raible

Jul 6, 2023, 3:20:40 PM7/6/23
to Daniel Franco, Julien Dubois, JHipster dev team
Is anyone available to release beta 2? I think we should fix the executables issue[1] and CORS [2]. I’m not sure if there’s anything else that should be fixed.

Thanks,

Matt

Daniel Franco

Jul 6, 2023, 3:38:57 PM7/6/23
to Matt Raible, Julien Dubois, JHipster dev team
Hi Matt,

I might do it this weekend.

For the executable issue, not sure what git config changes is needed?
I did the release using windows OS

Matt Raible

Jul 12, 2023, 12:56:09 PM7/12/23
to Daniel Franco, Julien Dubois, JHipster dev team
Hi everyone!

Is anyone available to do a release this week?

I’m hoping to get a blog post published that uses v8 beta before my month-long vacation begins this Friday. It’s pretty neat in that it shows how you can add Auth0 as an upstream Identity Provider to Keycloak. You can see a preview at https://deploy-preview-1366--okta-blog.netlify.app/blog/2023/01/23/keycloak-kubernetes-prod

Thanks!

Matt

Daniel Franco

Jul 12, 2023, 1:01:58 PM7/12/23
to Matt Raible, Julien Dubois, JHipster dev team
Hi Matt,

I postponed the release last weekend due to some bug identified, but I will create the release tomorrow.

Best Regards,
Daniel Franco

Matt Raible

Jul 12, 2023, 1:11:35 PM7/12/23
to Daniel Franco, Julien Dubois, JHipster dev team
Excellent. Thank you, Daniel!

Julien Dubois

Jul 12, 2023, 1:43:26 PM7/12/23
to Matt Raible, Daniel Franco, JHipster dev team
That’s great news, thanks!!!
--
Julien Dubois

Twitter: @juliendubois

Pascal GRIMAUD

Jul 14, 2023, 4:52:31 AM7/14/23
to Daniel Franco, Matt Raible, Julien Dubois, JHipster dev team
Hello,

Daniel, you forgot to regenerate the samples for v8.0.0-beta.X
We did it with v7.0.0-beta.X

See:

image.png

Pascal

Daniel Franco

Jul 14, 2023, 5:30:32 AM7/14/23
to Pascal GRIMAUD, Matt Raible, Julien Dubois, JHipster dev team
Hi Pascal,

We have issues in beta 1 with upgrade feature, will need to test again to confirm it has been fixed in beta 2.

Best Regards,
Daniel Franco