I'm leaving

Gaël Marziou

Sep 25, 2023, 11:31:22 AM9/25/23
to JHipster dev team
Dear JHipster team,

I'm leaving you, I'm going on early retirement in few months and I don't plan to do any java coding after that. I will still occasionally code but only to evolve an application I started 11 years ago in Ruby on Rails.

I did not contribute any code to JHipster for many years, I was mainly focusing on helping users on SO. JHipster was a nice way for me to follow the evolutions of the Spring Boot ecosystem and to be exposed to interesting discussions.

I'll keep on following how JHipster evolve, I'm curious to see what will be the impact of generative AI in next years.

I wish you the best and thank you for being such a nice team.

Gael

Julien Dubois

Sep 25, 2023, 11:36:16 AM9/25/23
to Gaël Marziou, JHipster dev team
Hi Gaël,

Congrats for retiring so young :-D
Well definitely miss you - don’t hesitate to ping me (and others!) whenever you want to chat about Java, generative AI, or anything else!

Julien

Matt Raible

Sep 25, 2023, 11:41:14 AM9/25/23
to Gaël Marziou, JHipster dev team
Hello Gaël,

Thanks for all your help on Stack Overflow! You have been a force of good in helping our community get their questions answered. It will be hard to fill your shoes. I hope you enjoy your retirement. I’m jealous!

Cheers,

Matt

Anthony Viard

Sep 25, 2023, 12:29:50 PM9/25/23
to Matt Raible, Gaël Marziou, JHipster dev team
Hi Gael,
I did not have the chance to meet you in real but I must admit that I've been impressed by your work on answering people's questions on SO. To do that for my pro part, I know it is a difficult task and the number of people that want to do it is really low. In the meantime, it has such great value for the community and its image.

For all that hard work I would like to thank you, and I wish you all the best for your retirement. It's time to drop all that creepy coding stuff and spend time enjoying nature, friends, life, and more.

I'm not totally sure if to have the possibility to enjoy a retirement one day, considering the actual political decisions, so please enjoy it for us ;)

Anthony

Deepu K Sasidharan

Sep 26, 2023, 9:27:19 AM9/26/23
to Anthony Viard, Matt Raible, Gaël Marziou, JHipster dev team
Hi Gaël,

It has been great having you on the team and working with you. You have added immense value to the JHipster community over the years and thank you for all that. Congrats on your early retirement and I hope you have a wonderful time ahead (I'm a bit jealous TBH). We will miss your wisdom and insights.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepu

David Steiman

Sep 27, 2023, 8:42:07 AM9/27/23
to Deepu K Sasidharan, Anthony Viard, Matt Raible, Gaël Marziou, JHipster dev team
Hi,

also from me all the best, and hope we still hear from you or maybe even see you on a future JHipster Conf / Event.

Thanks
David

Sendil Kumar N

Sep 27, 2023, 2:50:46 PM9/27/23
to David Steiman, Deepu K Sasidharan, Anthony Viard, Matt Raible, Gaël Marziou, JHipster dev team
Hi Gaël

Congrats on your early retirement! All the best.

Thanks
Sendil

Pierre Besson

Sep 27, 2023, 4:44:31 PM9/27/23
to Gaël Marziou, JHipster dev team
Hi Gael,

It was a real pleasure to work with you on JHipster. Thank you for the contributions you made to the generator and on SO. It can't be understated how your work helped make JHipster a great community.

Best wishes,
Pierre