Blog post about Spring Native with JHipster

Matt Raible

Feb 25, 2022, 1:18:41 PM2/25/22
to JHipster dev team
Hi team!

I wrote a blog post about integrating Spring Native with JHipster and the new JHipster native blueprint. I hope to publish on the Okta developer blog next Wednesday.

There’s a preview to the post in one of the comments on the PR.

If you have a moment, I’d love a review, or a QA of the steps. This post assumes the next version of JHipster has been released, as well as 1.0 of the JHipster native blueprint. To install the unreleased version of the blueprint, run the following command:

npm install -g jhipster/generator-jhipster-native

Thanks!

Matt

Pascal GRIMAUD

Feb 26, 2022, 9:07:26 AM2/26/22
to Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
This morning, I started to prepare the next release of generator-jhipster v7.7.0 but not enough time to wait and finish
So, I'll probably do the release tomorrow

Pascal

Julien Dubois

Feb 26, 2022, 12:35:37 PM2/26/22
to Pascal GRIMAUD, JHipster dev team, Matt Raible
1 second of startup time seems pretty big to me. I have 40ms with some Spring Function (serverless) and 80ms with NubesGen.
An interesting thing with NubesGen: on the JVM it takes a bit more than 1 seconds, but some beans are lazy initialized. With GraalVM, it’s 80ms and all beans are eagerly initialized!
I’m guessing you have some beans that wait for some network request (database? authentication?) and that makes you waste some startup time.

--
Julien Dubois

Twitter: @juliendubois

Matt Raible

Feb 26, 2022, 4:05:08 PM2/26/22
to Julien Dubois, JHipster dev team, Pascal GRIMAUD
Yeah, my guess is it's mostly Liquibase, JPA, and possibly OIDC. It might be faster if reactive, I'm not sure.

A super simple Spring Boot + OAuth app starts in around 56ms in my research.