JHipster Project Governance Updates

Deepu K Sasidharan

Mar 20, 2024, 4:58:44 AMMar 20
to JHipster dev team
Hello team,

As you all may have noticed, there has been some stagnation in the JHipster project, especially when it comes to timely releases and leadership. While there are no obligations in OSS, I do have to accept the fact that most of the project leads including me are not that active anymore due to various personal reasons. This also contributes to the bottlenecks especially in releases and such.

Hence after discussions with the leads we have come up with a proposal to change the governance structure of JHipster to try to remove some bottlenecks

  1. We will establish a governing body which consists of Julien, Pascal and I as Chair and co-chairs. The governing body will be of an advisory nature and
    1. Will provide guidance for major decisions and JHipster Developer Association related matters
    2. Will have admin rights to all JHipster and JHipster-lab projects
    3. Will not be leading project day to days and such unless absolutely necessary or if there is an emergency
    4. Will not interfere with individual project directions and decisions unless asked for or unless there is an issue that needs mediation
    5. We will continue with normal contributions when possible
  2. Julien and I will be forfeiting our lead roles and Daniel Franco and Matt Raible will be taking over as co-leads, with possibility of one more co-lead to be elected in the future, for JHipster and Pascal will lead JHipster Lite. Other projects will continue to have their current leads.
Please respond with your +1 or -1 and provide opinions if any for the vote

Thanks & Regards,
Deepu

Pascal GRIMAUD

Mar 20, 2024, 5:19:05 AMMar 20
to Deepu K Sasidharan, JHipster dev team
+1 from me
About JHipster Lite, I still continue to lead and release it regularly as I use it for my customers.

Pascal

Frederik Hahne

Mar 20, 2024, 5:36:22 AMMar 20
to Pascal GRIMAUD, Deepu K Sasidharan, JHipster dev team
+1 with regular releases we will have more drive I hope. Still happy to be part of the team and project, although I don't contribute as much as I would like to.

Renan Franca

Mar 20, 2024, 5:36:55 AMMar 20
to Pascal GRIMAUD, Deepu K Sasidharan, JHipster dev team

Daniel Franco

Mar 20, 2024, 7:37:38 AMMar 20
to Renan Franca, Pascal GRIMAUD, Deepu K Sasidharan, JHipster dev team

Hippolyte Durix

Mar 20, 2024, 8:09:06 AMMar 20
to Daniel Franco, Renan Franca, Pascal GRIMAUD, Deepu K Sasidharan, JHipster dev team

Julien Dubois

Mar 20, 2024, 8:25:46 AMMar 20
to Hippolyte Durix, Daniel Franco, Renan Franca, Grimaud Pascal, Deepu K Sasidharan, JHipster dev team

Anthony Viard

Mar 20, 2024, 9:01:54 AMMar 20
to Julien Dubois, Hippolyte Durix, Daniel Franco, Renan Franca, Grimaud Pascal, Deepu K Sasidharan, JHipster dev team

Matt Raible

Mar 20, 2024, 9:51:16 AMMar 20
to Anthony Viard, Julien Dubois, Hippolyte Durix, Daniel Franco, Renan Franca, Grimaud Pascal, Deepu K Sasidharan, JHipster dev team
+1 I'm happy to help make releases happen more frequently!

MathieuAA

Mar 20, 2024, 10:56:15 AMMar 20
to ma...@raibledesigns.com, anth....@gmail.com, julien...@gmail.com, hippoly...@gmail.com, dandr...@gmail.com, renan.and...@gmail.com, pascal....@gmail.com, deepu.k.s...@gmail.com, jhipst...@googlegroups.com
+1! I believe it's always great to see some changes happening :)

---

MAA

Zsombor Gegesy

Mar 20, 2024, 11:50:13 AMMar 20
to Pierre Besson, Deepu K Sasidharan, JHipster dev team

Aurélien Mino

Mar 20, 2024, 2:22:54 PMMar 20
to Pierre Besson, Deepu K Sasidharan, JHipster dev team

William Marques

Mar 20, 2024, 7:29:38 PMMar 20
to Aurélien Mino, Pierre Besson, Deepu K Sasidharan, JHipster dev team

Charlie Mordant

Mar 22, 2024, 5:27:19 AMMar 22
to William Marques, Aurélien Mino, Pierre Besson, Deepu K Sasidharan, JHipster dev team

Deepu K Sasidharan

Mar 25, 2024, 5:04:34 AMMar 25
to Charlie Mordant, Julien Dubois, William Marques, Aurélien Mino, Pierre Besson, JHipster dev team
So it's been a couple days and I don't see any objections.

Congrats Matt and Daniel, hope JHipster reaches new heights under your stewardship.

I'll make updates to the team pages and such, and announce the changes on social media.

@Julien Dubois Could you please add Matt to sonatype, Twitter and so on. I'll add permissions for him on GitHub and NPM

Thanks & Regards,
Deepu