VOTE: Release JHipster 9.4.0

9 views
Skip to first unread message

Matt Raible

unread,
Sep 15, 2026, 3:25:01 PMSep 15
to JHipster dev team

Hello everyone,


I propose we release JHipster 9.4.0 based on the code that is currently in the main branch, along with any subsequent updates before the release starts. 


Please vote in the next 48 hours to approve this release. I plan to do the release on Thursday evening (Denver time).


+1 to release

-1 not to release (with reasons)

0 watching, but don’t care


We need three +1 votes to proceed with the release. Any -1 votes will cancel the release. 


You can see the current draft of the release notes at https://github.com/jhipster/generator-jhipster/releases.


Please use the 9.4.0 milestone if you’d like to add additional issues to this release, or comment on this issue:


https://github.com/jhipster/generator-jhipster/issues/34985


Thanks,


Matt


quentin.monmert

unread,
Sep 15, 2026, 3:25:40 PMSep 15
to JHipster dev team
+1

Frederik Hahne

unread,
Sep 15, 2026, 3:51:54 PMSep 15
to quentin.monmert, JHipster dev team
+1

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JHipster dev team" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to jhipster-dev...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jhipster-dev/2521c329-b4bd-45e5-989f-55ff2bb88e15n%40googlegroups.com.

Daniel Franco

unread,
Sep 15, 2026, 5:28:56 PMSep 15
to Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
+1

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JHipster dev team" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to jhipster-dev...@googlegroups.com.

Julien Dubois

unread,
Sep 16, 2026, 2:59:19 AMSep 16
to Daniel Franco, Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
+1 because we have several vulnerabilities issues that should be fixed there (please ping me directly if I’m wrong!!!!)
-> I’ll release the vulnerabilities publicly a few days later, so people have the time to upgrade

Anthony Viard

unread,
Sep 16, 2026, 3:20:04 AMSep 16
to Julien Dubois, Daniel Franco, Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
+1

On 16 Sep 2026, at 07:59, Julien Dubois <julien...@gmail.com> wrote:

+1 because we have several vulnerabilities issues that should be fixed there (please ping me directly if I’m wrong!!!!)

Jan Wedding

unread,
Sep 17, 2026, 7:50:39 AMSep 17
to Anthony Viard, Julien Dubois, Daniel Franco, Matt Raible, JHipster dev team

Charlie Mordant

unread,
Sep 17, 2026, 3:07:21 PMSep 17
to Jan Wedding, Anthony Viard, Julien Dubois, Daniel Franco, Matt Raible, JHipster dev team

Matt Raible

unread,
Sep 17, 2026, 7:26:30 PMSep 17
to Charlie Mordant, Jan Wedding, Anthony Viard, Julien Dubois, Daniel Franco, JHipster dev team
The release passes! I’ll start working on it now. 

Julien Dubois

unread,
Sep 18, 2026, 6:57:31 AMSep 18
to Matt Raible, Charlie Mordant, Jan Wedding, Anthony Viard, Daniel Franco, JHipster dev team
Hey,

Thank you for doing the release! We had a number of CVEs which are opened -> have you published them? Do you want me to publish them? First time we do this, I believe! Quite interesting as I'm trying to push GitHub Advanced Security as part of my job
--
Julien Dubois

Matt Raible

unread,
Sep 18, 2026, 8:47:09 AMSep 18
to Julien Dubois, Charlie Mordant, Jan Wedding, Anthony Viard, Daniel Franco, JHipster dev team
No, I did not do anything with CVEs.

On Sep 18, 2026, at 04:57, Julien Dubois <julien...@gmail.com> wrote:



Julien Dubois

unread,
Sep 21, 2026, 9:27:02 AM (14 days ago) Sep 21
to Matt Raible, Charlie Mordant, Jan Wedding, Anthony Viard, Daniel Franco, JHipster dev team
Thanks, I just released them!

Sendil Kumar N

unread,
Sep 29, 2026, 2:43:10 PM (6 days ago) Sep 29
to Julien Dubois, Matt Raible, Charlie Mordant, Jan Wedding, Anthony Viard, Daniel Franco, JHipster dev team
hey folks! 

After a very long time (4 years), Just wanted to share that I will release the new KHipster version (v2) that supports v9.4.0. 

Matt Raible

unread,
Sep 29, 2026, 3:36:13 PM (6 days ago) Sep 29
to Sendil Kumar N, Julien Dubois, Charlie Mordant, Jan Wedding, Anthony Viard, Daniel Franco, JHipster dev team
Excellent! Thanks Sendil. 

On Sep 29, 2026, at 12:43, Sendil Kumar N <sendilkumar...@gmail.com> wrote:


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages