VOTE: Release JHipster 8.3.0

Matt Raible

Apr 5, 2024, 10:18:04 AMApr 5
to JHipster dev team
Hi everyone,

I propose that we release JHipster 8.3.0 based on the code that is currently in the main branch. The primary reason is because there are vulnerabilities in Spring Boot 3.2.3 that are fixed in 3.2.4. https://github.com/jhipster/generator-jhipster/issues/25717

Please vote in the next 48 hours to approve this release.
+1 to release
-1 not to release (with reasons)

Release notes:

See the current draft at https://github.com/jhipster/generator-jhipster/releases.

Please use the 8.3.0 milestone if you'd to add additional issues to this release.

Thanks,

Matt

Julien Dubois

Apr 5, 2024, 10:28:09 AMApr 5
to Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
Thanks Matt for leading this!
+1

Julien Dubois

Twitter: @juliendubois

Frederik Hahne

Apr 5, 2024, 10:31:29 AMApr 5
to JHipster dev team

Pm Verma

Apr 5, 2024, 10:35:15 AMApr 5
to Frederik Hahne, JHipster dev team

Aurélien Mino

Apr 5, 2024, 10:35:51 AMApr 5
to Matt Raible, JHipster dev team
+1

Renan Franca

Apr 5, 2024, 11:33:26 AMApr 5
to Aurélien Mino, Matt Raible, JHipster dev team

quentin.monmert

Apr 5, 2024, 12:22:07 PMApr 5
to JHipster dev team
+1

Vishal Mahajan

Apr 5, 2024, 1:11:24 PMApr 5
to JHipster dev team
++1

~~~
Cheers,
Vishal

Charlie Mordant

Apr 5, 2024, 2:25:14 PMApr 5
to Vishal Mahajan, JHipster dev team

Matt Raible

Apr 7, 2024, 2:35:22 PMApr 7
to Charlie Mordant, Vishal Mahajan, JHipster dev team
There are no -1s so I’ll proceed with the release tomorrow. I’m going to attempt to do in on airplane wifi while flying to Devnexus. I’ll send out an email before I start.

Matt Raible

Apr 8, 2024, 2:19:01 PMApr 8
to Charlie Mordant, Vishal Mahajan, JHipster dev team
Hello everyone and happy release day!

I’ll start the release in around 10 minutes. 6:30 GMT.

Deepu K Sasidharan

Apr 8, 2024, 2:22:55 PMApr 8
to Matt Raible, Charlie Mordant, Vishal Mahajan, JHipster dev team

Matt Raible

Apr 8, 2024, 10:04:05 PMApr 8
to Charlie Mordant, Vishal Mahajan, JHipster dev team
Hello everyone,

The release is a halfway done, but stalled when I tried to publish to the npm registry. The jhipster-bom 8.3.0 has been released and published, I just can’t publish the main generator.

It seems it might be a permissions issue. Sorry for the delay.

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 10.00.41 PM.png
I’ve notified the leadership team. Hopefully someone can help soon.

Thanks,

Matt