Jgroup raft - Add/remove Members

ki...@instor.in

Feb 4, 2019, 8:31:45 AM2/4/19
to jgroups-raft
how to add the members dynamically into the raft.xml. if I use an unknown member from raft XML it's throwing an error raft-id W is not listed in members [A, B, C, D, E, F, G]

Bela Ban

Feb 4, 2019, 8:56:10 AM2/4/19
to jgroup...@googlegroups.com
You need to follow the procedure described in [1]

[1]
http://belaban.github.io/jgroups-raft/manual/index.html#DynamicMembership
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jgroups-raft/08f45fa7-f10c-49ae-8322-6e694b18a5da%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jgroups-raft/08f45fa7-f10c-49ae-8322-6e694b18a5da%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Bela Ban | http://www.jgroups.org

ki...@instor.in

Feb 5, 2019, 1:45:52 AM2/5/19
to jgroups-raft
Thanks for the replay,
I used  'bin/client.sh -add W' command but throwing this error
java.lang.RuntimeException: there is currently no leader to forward addServer()/removeServer() request to

On 04.02.19 14:31, ki...@instor.in wrote:
> how to add the members dynamically into the raft.xml. if I use an
> unknown member from raft XML it's throwing an error raft-id W is not
> listed in members [A, B, C, D, E, F, G]

Bela Ban

Feb 5, 2019, 6:43:26 AM2/5/19
to jgroup...@googlegroups.com
You need to have a leader, as adding members needs to be done as regular
operation, ack'ed by a majority of the existing members.

On 05.02.19 07:45, ki...@instor.in wrote:
> Thanks for the replay,
> I used  'bin/client.sh -add W' command but throwing this error
> java.lang.RuntimeException: there is currently no leader to forward
> addServer()/removeServer() request to
>
> On Monday, February 4, 2019 at 7:26:10 PM UTC+5:30, Bela Ban wrote:
>
> You need to follow the procedure described in [1]
>
> [1]
> http://belaban.github.io/jgroups-raft/manual/index.html#DynamicMembership
> <http://belaban.github.io/jgroups-raft/manual/index.html#DynamicMembership>
>

> On 04.02.19 14:31, ki...@instor.in <javascript:> wrote:
> > how to add the members dynamically into the raft.xml. if I use an
> > unknown member from raft XML it's throwing an error raft-id W is not
> > listed in members [A, B, C, D, E, F, G]
> >
> > --
> <javascript:>
> > <mailto:jgroup...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jgroups-raft/08f45fa7-f10c-49ae-8322-6e694b18a5da%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
> --
> Bela Ban | http://www.jgroups.org
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jgroups-raft/26a8e7d1-72f6-4d87-9fc3-30fed8c59223%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jgroups-raft/26a8e7d1-72f6-4d87-9fc3-30fed8c59223%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

ki...@instor.in

Feb 5, 2019, 6:50:44 AM2/5/19
to jgroups-raft
i user this command also
./bin/client.sh -dest 127.0.0.1 -port 1965 -add W
throwing error is   java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: type 20 is invalid

On Monday, February 4, 2019 at 7:26:10 PM UTC+5:30, Bela Ban wrote:
You need to follow the procedure described in [1]

[1]
http://belaban.github.io/jgroups-raft/manual/index.html#DynamicMembership

On 04.02.19 14:31, ki...@instor.in wrote:
> how to add the members dynamically into the raft.xml. if I use an
> unknown member from raft XML it's throwing an error raft-id W is not
> listed in members [A, B, C, D, E, F, G]

Bela Ban

Feb 5, 2019, 7:20:48 AM2/5/19
to jgroup...@googlegroups.com
Works for me. Do you have the same versions running on the client and
server side? Use probe.sh to find out