Is there a chance to avoid Java 8?

vyaslav

Aug 20, 2016, 5:00:31 PM8/20/16
to jgroups-raft
Hello, we are considering to use Jgroups-Raft in our product, but we currently cant switch from Java 7.
Is there any way we could still benefit from your raft implementation on java 7?

Bela Ban

Aug 22, 2016, 3:56:34 AM8/22/16
to jgroup...@googlegroups.com
jgroups-raft is written using Java 8, but there are 2 ways to use it
from Java 7:
1: Port the Java 8 code to Java 7. Probably doable in a few days
2: Run the jgroups-raft core cluster on Java 8, write an access protocol
(mainly READ, WRITE) which allows Java 7 clients to submit requests
against the core cluster
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jgroups-raft/c486290e-70df-4a3f-be35-0e9ba035d2ee%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jgroups-raft/c486290e-70df-4a3f-be35-0e9ba035d2ee%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.