NetworkAttributeBilder and net numbering

Wuletawu

Oct 21, 2015, 8:07:07 AM10/21/15
to jgrasstools
Dear all,

I have seen that the NetworkAttributeBuilder does not work with the hydrometers  inPoint station data. When extracting the netnumbering  channel with only Tca, the NetworkAttribute provides the same number of links to the number of subbasin that can be obtained by the basinshape tool.  While in the case of  hydrometers  inPoint is used in netnumbering, the link number is not equal to subbasin (some time many sub basin have the same link (properties), and hence, total link size is smaller than subbsin size). So I am wondering why the NetworkAttributebuilder behaves  this way, and if there is some bug. I try to see the code if i can identify, but still did't figure out.

So could you have a look at this case please ?

best regards,

wuletawu

Silvia Franceschi

Oct 22, 2015, 4:56:21 AM10/22/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Dear Wuletawu,
basically you are saying that all basins and link are correctly split on the "monitoring point" but the enumeration is not correct for the links, right?
Honestly it is a bit hard to reproduce this problem without the data, so could you send me privately a SMALL dataset where you found the problem so we can try to debug it?

Thanks

Silvia

Wuletawu Abera

Oct 22, 2015, 5:51:13 AM10/22/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Dear Silvia,

Yes that is what I am saying. Here I am sending you two raster maps (subbasin_HRU50 and netnumber_HRU50) produced using the netnumering algorithm, considering monitoring points. Both have the correct links and splits, with equal size. Now I would like to have the subbasin and the link attribute data from this, so i used BasinShape tool to obtain the subbasin data, and NetworkAttributeBuilder for channel and its properties. The resulting maps are the other two shape files ( Net_HRU50.shp, and basin shape_HRU50.shp, also attached). Now the enumeration and size are different, mainly the problem is with the links.

N.B. There is no problem when we don't use the monitoring points for channel splitting.

best regards,
Wuletawu

Wuletawu Abera,
PhD candidate in Hydrology,
Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering,
Trento University, Italy
Skype:wuletawu.abera
toSilvia.zip

Silvia Franceschi

Oct 23, 2015, 3:47:38 AM10/23/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com

Thank you,
I hope we will have time during next weeks to have a look at this problem.

Just a note, next time please send me the data privately and not in mailing list.

Regards

Silvia