NetNumbering on STAGE 0.7

perleonardo

Mar 30, 2015, 11:30:27 AM3/30/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've noticed that in the NetNumbering version implemented in the
latest downloadable version of STAGE (0.7) the NetNumerig
command doesn't have the 'mode' (pMode) flag.

I suppose that is a forgetfulness.

It seems to me that now it works always in mode 1
(with a threshold on TCA)

I hope that this not will be usefull,
Leonardo

andrea antonello

Mar 30, 2015, 3:14:09 PM3/30/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
> I've noticed that in the NetNumbering version implemented in the
> latest downloadable version of STAGE (0.7) the NetNumerig
> command doesn't have the 'mode' (pMode) flag.
>
> I suppose that is a forgetfulness.

You suppose wrong.

> It seems to me that now it works always in mode 1
> (with a threshold on TCA)

Did you notice the input inPoints?

> I hope that this not will be usefull,

NetNumbering was a module written in an ugly ugly and unreadable way
(from the code point of view). Every time we had the need of it, it
was not working for some reason. So one day we decided to throw it
away and rewrite it from scratch using the approach of the connected
Nodes. We used it and it worked, but I am not sure about how many
other people tested it.

While rewriting it, we noticed that there was no real need to have all
those modes. They can coexist. Just decide what input you want to give
and it will choose the mode for you.

Andrea

> Leonardo

perleonardo

Mar 30, 2015, 4:11:19 PM3/30/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrea,
thank you for the clarifcation,

I think I understand your explanation and I was badly explained myself.

Of course I've noticed the inPoints and it's usefull that the command
will choose the mode depending on the input I give.

But I wasn't able to work in the 0 mode (normal way), also if I don't
set the treshold on TCA it seems to work in TCA treshold mode.

I'm realizing now (thanks to your explanation) that by default there is
allways 0.0 in the TCA treshold field, I have to clear it to work in 0 mode?

Scuse me for the stupid problem,
Leonardo

andrea antonello

Mar 30, 2015, 4:18:02 PM3/30/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com

To disable tca mode, just don't pass the tca map, the threshold won't be considered.

Sent from mobile

perleonardo

Mar 30, 2015, 4:43:19 PM3/30/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Andrea,
this solve my problem definitively!

That stupid that I am, I don't know why I was convinced that
the TCA map was still necessary...since I learned to use it
I always added unnecessarily also the TCA map in 0 mode..what stupid!

Excuse me very much for the non-existent problem,
Leonardo

andrea antonello

Mar 31, 2015, 1:28:26 AM3/31/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
> this solve my problem definitively!

great

> That stupid that I am, I don't know why I was convinced that
> the TCA map was still necessary...since I learned to use it
> I always added unnecessarily also the TCA map in 0 mode..what stupid!
>
> Excuse me very much for the non-existent problem,

:-) No problem, let us know if the modules behaves properly.

Andrea