how to import

Ananta Pradhan

Apr 22, 2015, 3:53:55 AM4/22/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,
Now I am working in stability analysis in Jgrass environment. I want to test CI-SLaM in Korean mountain. I dont know how to import modules that has downloaded separately.
I need idea to import java models in jgarss.
thank you

Marco Foi

Apr 22, 2015, 7:20:02 AM4/22/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Here is the manual of the tool: a good starting point.

Please allow me to highlight couple of key points:
- the tool can process ONE BASIN at a time
- the CI-SLAM tool is STILL NOT AVAILABLE in production JGrassTools (my fault!).

This last point means you have to download the two experimental .jar  (that together make the JGrassTools) and plug JUST THEM in the uDig Spatial Toolbox without mixing with subsequent releases of JGrassTools.
More, you should use uDig 1.3.2 from here http://udig.refractions.net/download/ since later version improved the uDig Spatial Toolbox and caused the older JGrassTools .jars not to work properly.

The links to the two experimental .jars are linked at top of the version of the manual located in my private website: http://www.mcfoi.it/msccs/thesis/OmsCislam.html

Read the instructions in the top part as they should provide you basic instruction on how to setup the software environment.

Let us know for any issue.

Thank you for your interest in uDig and JGrassTools!
Marco

Ananta Pradhan

Apr 22, 2015, 7:42:55 AM4/22/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Dear Marco Foi,
Thank you so much for you reply and suggestions. I have downloaded Marco_Foi.zip, not experimental.jar. I could not see the link to download experimental.jar. Since  http://www.mcfoi.it/msccs/thesis/OmsCislam.html website is not openned (this webpage is not available). Could you provide me QDSLAM manual?

Ananta MS Pradhan
Engineering Geologist

Marco Foi

Apr 22, 2015, 9:02:02 AM4/22/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
I am sending you the zipped version of the page at:

that, by the way, is fully accessible!

To follow its first lines, including the links to download the two experimental jars jgt-hortonmachine-0.7.7-SNAPSHOT-C.jar  AND jgt-jgrassgears-0.7.7-SNAPSHOT-C.jar :
----
In this document we will briefly introduce you the module and provide a general overview on its usage.
Most emphasis will be put in describing input data and how to make a test run using the sample dataset.
For a more scientific approach a reference to relevant papers will be given at the and of the document.

A preview of the module can be found in this couple of JAR files containing a custom version of the JGrassTools framework inclusive of the CI-Slam module:

Follow this quick tutorial to learn how to load the jars into the uDig Spatial Toolbox so to be able to access the geo-processing model:
The uDig Desktop GIS is available from here:

[...]
----

Marco

CI-Slam.zip

Ananta Pradhan

Apr 22, 2015, 9:05:08 AM4/22/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
More than thank you.

Ananta Pradhan

Apr 22, 2015, 9:32:27 AM4/22/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
I tried in all versions, from ver 1.2 to latest version but unfortunately It did not work :(

Marco Foi

Apr 22, 2015, 4:08:34 PM4/22/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Can you please give us more details?

What exactly did not work?

Have you gone far enough to have the modules includend in "my" .jars in the Spatial Toolbox of uDig?

Marco

Ananta Pradhan

Apr 22, 2015, 7:05:13 PM4/22/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I attached a video within this email.

Untitled 3.mp4

Ananta Pradhan

Apr 23, 2015, 7:01:39 AM4/23/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
hi,
the jar files do not load in udig.

Marco Foi

Apr 23, 2015, 10:16:34 AM4/23/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Please carefully follow the steps described here about how to import the modules in uDig.

I confirm the steps are working witn the ZIPPED version of uDig 1.4.0b you can download from here

- just extract and launche uDig with udig.bat
- in windows -> show view -> others -> enable "spatial toolbox" panel
- in spatial toolbox click on the settigns icon (a small golden gear) then add the two jars from the folder where you saved them (I put mine in c:\jgt ..I suggest a path without any space)
- that's all!

Marco

Ananta Pradhan

Apr 23, 2015, 10:21:53 AM4/23/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
thank you so much, i will try. thank for your kind help.

Ananta Pradhan

Apr 23, 2015, 10:31:06 AM4/23/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
the tool has loaded , I will try tomorrow. Thanks professor.
330.gif

Ananta Pradhan

Apr 23, 2015, 10:37:50 AM4/23/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Inline image 1
Whole mountain is suffered by landslides. You mean I have to work within the small boundary, right?
330.gif

Marco Foi

Apr 23, 2015, 11:52:23 AM4/23/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
I am definitely NOT a Professor: just a software engineer who had the luck to contribute to the uDig community... ...but thanks for the appreciation anyway!

Marco

Marco Foi

Apr 23, 2015, 11:58:57 AM4/23/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
In short, the area under processing MUST have no more than one OUTFLOW point.
..but at least ONE must exist and must be on the area boundary (no karstic phenomena!)

This is a limit of the implementation: not of the theoretical model.

Marco

Ananta Pradhan

May 11, 2015, 1:50:06 AM5/11/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Hello Marco,
How are you? I tried to run CISLaM. But it says "Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap"

Inline image 2
330.gif

Marco Foi

May 11, 2015, 2:58:16 AM5/11/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
This issue could be related to the amount of memory you specified in the Spatial Toolbox window.
I fear your hardware cannot reserve it.
You may be in the position where the processing reqires some resources but your hardware hasn't them.

Beware that it is not unusual for a PC to need 8 Gb of RAM to be used for geoprocessing tasks. 4 Gb are rarely enough exept for limited testing.

Marco

Ananta Pradhan

May 11, 2015, 7:28:40 AM5/11/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marco,
I tried in different pc. My pc also has 16GB ram. I tried in different systems and different pc. but the result is same.
330.gif

Silvia Franceschi

May 11, 2015, 7:54:22 AM5/11/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ananta,
do you have a windows or linux machine? 64bit or 32 bits?

330.gif

Ananta Pradhan

May 11, 2015, 8:03:35 AM5/11/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Hi Silvia,
I have windows 64bits
330.gif

Silvia Franceschi

May 11, 2015, 8:39:19 AM5/11/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ananta,
so it should be able to use almost all the RAM you have...
That is strange... could you please try to run one of the other tools in the JGrassTools library? for example an aspect or a mapcalc or gradient or whatever on your DTM?

Silvia

330.gif

Ananta Pradhan

May 11, 2015, 8:50:26 AM5/11/15