processing region in STAGE

perleonardo

Mar 30, 2015, 4:53:23 PM3/30/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

first of all, I apologize if my question is trivial,

with STAGE I'm not able to use the processing region,
using the usual button (blu square, near the top right commands)
I can't than figure out how to set the processing region paramters.

Also when I check that button, in the maps input/output windows
I can't se the fields to set properly the region info.

What I'm doing wrong?
Is possible to use it from GUI?..or it was possible only with omsRasterReader?

Thank you in advance,
Leonardo

andrea antonello

Mar 31, 2015, 1:34:53 AM3/31/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leonardo,

> first of all, I apologize if my question is trivial,

well, actually this one is not that trivial.

> with STAGE I'm not able to use the processing region,
> using the usual button (blu square, near the top right commands)
> I can't than figure out how to set the processing region paramters.
>
> Also when I check that button, in the maps input/output windows
> I can't se the fields to set properly the region info.
>
> What I'm doing wrong?
> Is possible to use it from GUI?..or it was possible only with
> omsRasterReader?

When we used this in uDig's spatial toolbox, the region could be drawn
by hand, was snapped to the raster resolution and subbounds and the
parameters were filled in automatically.
In STAGE, since there is no such option, we had to change things a
bit, otherwise a user would have to insert by had north, south, east,
west and resolution at each and every module run. This was simply not
feasible.

Therefore a user has to first resize the rasters, if necessary. You
can do this with the RasterConverter tool. That one, if the processing
region button is switched on, will propose the fields for the region
parameters.

Andrea

perleonardo

Mar 31, 2015, 6:10:38 AM3/31/15
to jgras...@googlegroups.com
Thank you,
therefore RasterConverter tool (unlike the other command)
propose the fields for the region parameters when it's switched on!

Great, resize and/or downgrade resolution the firs time (with the DTM)
and then work normally on it wih all the other command is exactly
what I want!

Thank you,
Leonardo