Converting Quicken files

phs...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2015, 1:03:00 PM9/2/15
to jGnash-User
I was interested in using Gnash for my financial program because it said that I could convert my Quicken data to it.  But the only files I have are QDF, and the material only mentions QFX, OFX, QIF, and mt940.

Craig Cavanaugh

Sep 2, 2015, 5:11:34 PM9/2/15
to jGnash-User
It does not import the native Quicken files.  You will need to export the QFX files from Quicken and import those.

Gary J

Feb 22, 2016, 6:30:38 PM2/22/16
to jGnash-User
Hi. I am trying import my QFX files I generated from Quicken 2014 per your direction above. However the import dropdown doesn't list QFX files as an import option, only QIF. When I try to import the QIF, I get dozens uncaught Java exceptions and nothing installs. I am running Java 8 update 73.

Craig Cavanaugh

Feb 23, 2016, 5:43:21 AM2/23/16
to jGnash-User
Is File | Import | OFX greyed out?  Make sure you have created a basic file and have it open first and it should be okay.  Use the OFX import.  QFX is just a minor nonsensical extension on top of OFX.

Gary J

Feb 23, 2016, 9:59:59 AM2/23/16
to jGnash-User
Thanks Craig. Quicken 2014 doesn't export files as QXF, instead it is QFX. At any rate, I tried what you said. I used the default account when I initially opened Jgnash for the first time after install. That of course had zero dollars in each category. I exported Quicken 2014 file (that contained 5 accounts) because QFX export doesn't provide for selecting accounts, you get the whole file). I used trying File | Import | OFX..., however  nothing happened, no import and all categories had the original zero dollars.  Am I out of luck?

Craig Cavanaugh

Feb 23, 2016, 5:51:08 PM2/23/16
to jGnash-User
Kind of sounds that way if they don't export OFX/QFX files.

the...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2016, 5:39:44 PM7/28/16
to jGnash-User
I am just trying to do the same thing... moving from Quicken 2014.  I got my Quicken file exported to QIF and then imported successfully to jGnash.  The transaction all look to be ok.  However, when I download new transactions from my bank (into QFX format), the file imported but none of the 50 new transactions were added.

Any idea what may be the problem?

Thanks
T.C.