A new stable release of jGnash is available for download
With the upgrade pains to Java 11 settling down, it was time to work of some more significant improvements.
This release primarily focused on enhancements to Budgeting.
- Rounding can be now be controlled to the left and the right of the decimal place.
- The method of rounding Budgets values can now be controlled.
- The starting Month for a Budget can be changed.
- The Budget interface saw some usability enhancements.
An issue with 4K displays should be addressed (I don't have the hardware to confirm, but I believe it's fixed) and a reporting error was corrected.
A slight file format change was made to support the Budget enhancements and for some, a minor performance improvement in file load time may be noticeable.
Upgrading is recommended.
A complete list of changes is below:
Release 3.1.0 (File format change)
* 05/19/2019 Added a Today button to the Budget toolbar for easy refocus of the current period.
* 05/18/2019 The starting month for Budgets is now configurable.
* 05/04/2019 Correction for reports with running totals between periods incorrectly hiding accounts when the 'hide zero balance accounts' box is selected.
* 05/03/2019 Improved the size behavior for Alert dialogs on 4K displays (GitHub Issue #82)
* 05/02/2019 Updated to the latest Netty dependency.
* 04/28/2019 Cleaned up selection focus visual issues in the Budget view caused by poor JavaFX behavior.
* 04/28/2019 Protect against unwanted Budget column reordering.
* 04/28/2019 The account column width may now be changed in the Budget view.
* 04/28/2019 Updated to JavaFX 12.0.1 dependency
* 04/27/2019 The rounding mode and scale for Budgets is now configurable.
* 04/24/2019 A JavaFX exception was being thrown during underlying changes to a budget.