jGnash 3.0.0 Beta release (Java 11)

Craig Cavanaugh

Mar 5, 2019, 5:46:49 AM3/5/19
to jgnas...@googlegroups.com, Google jGnash Devel Group
A new beta release of jGnash is available for download.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jgnash/files/Beta%203.x/

This is the Java 11 compatible release that has been in the works for awhile.
  • Java 11 or newer is required.  It is not expected to work with prior versions of Java.
  • The old Swing interface has been removed
  • The tabular reporting API was gutted and replaced with an internal report generator.  Reports look a bit different, but they now have improved font control in the options dialog.
jGnash will need to be restarted after the 1st start. Platform specific files for your OS are downloaded during the 1st launch and you should see a status dialog.

This has not been tested on OSX, but it should work...  Feedback please!

Thanks,
Craig Cavanaugh

pran...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2019, 1:29:49 PM3/10/19
to Craig Cavanaugh, Google jGnash Devel Group
Hi Craig,

Just to let you know that I pulled the latest commits and found that you have renamed the default project to "jgnash". The launch file is "jGnash".

Note that by default MacOS filesystem is case-preserving but not case sensitive. This means these two conflict HEAD cannot be used on MacOS without making a new filesystem partition that has a case sensitive filesystem. If possible I would revert to the old naming.

regards
Pranay

Craig Cavanaugh

Mar 10, 2019, 6:06:24 PM3/10/19
to jGnash-devel
Thanks Pranay, that I did not know!

I will make a change, but I want to make sure I have it correct.

Is the source of the issue the jgnash module/project that is the new boot loader or is it the "rootProject.name = "jgnash" defined in settings.gradle.

Thanks,
Craig

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 6:46 PM Craig Cavanaugh <jgnash...@gmail.com> wrote:
A new beta release of jGnash is available for download.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jgnash/files/Beta%203.x/

This is the Java 11 compatible release that has been in the works for awhile.
  • Java 11 or newer is required.  It is not expected to work with prior versions of Java.
  • The old Swing interface has been removed
  • The tabular reporting API was gutted and replaced with an internal report generator.  Reports look a bit different, but they now have improved font control in the options dialog.
jGnash will need to be restarted after the 1st start. Platform specific files for your OS are downloaded during the 1st launch and you should see a status dialog.

This has not been tested on OSX, but it should work...  Feedback please!

Thanks,
Craig Cavanaugh

pran...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2019, 7:13:26 PM3/10/19
to Google jGnash Devel Group
* The issue does not exist for users, only for developers.
* The original source tree had the launch script for the swing UI as "jGnash2". The source code was in "jgnash-swing"
* The latest renaming means we have the launch script as "jGnash" and the source code in "jgnash" directory. Unfortunately they conflict on MacOS's default filesystem. I suggest changing the source code directory to "jgnash-swing".

Regards
Pranay

Craig

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/jgnash-user.

Craig Cavanaugh

Mar 11, 2019, 5:58:51 AM3/11/19
to jgnash...@googlegroups.com
Should be in good working order now.

The jgnash module was renamed to bootloader since that is what is is now with the Swing UI being removed.

Thanks!

--Craig

pran...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2019, 10:00:18 PM3/13/19