Development progress

rhlobo

Apr 13, 2009, 10:40:53 PM4/13/09
to JGF Users
Hey José.

I am possibly interested in participating on the development of the
framework.
I want to know the stage the development process is, what is are the
priorities, ...
I would be working a little bit everyday on the project.
Mail me possible questions you might have.

hope to hear from you soon,
thx
-- beto lobo

José Juan Montes

Apr 17, 2009, 11:28:17 PM4/17/09
to jgf-...@googlegroups.com, rhl...@gmail.com

Hello,

Sorry for the late response. I've been busy as I have recently changed jobs, which left me with little time for JGF.

Thank you for your interest in JGF. Regarding your question, JGF is slowly improving and I try to put some time on it when possible. I am currently trying to add my old network framework for testing purposes, and there are a few changes that need to be commited to the repository. However, I will be pretty busy for the 4 months, so I won't have too much time to spend on JGF.

The state of the development per components is as follows:

- The display system is working (displays images and text easily), but is very poor. I can't work on this now.
- The menu system, which is based on the previous one, is terrible. It needs to be reworked. I can't either work on this.

- The console system is missing a lot of basic features, but I have those almost ready to be commited. I could work on this.
- Network: I have a proof of concept (not yet commited), but should be discussed.
- Settings system is not yet completely ported (and is not in the repository). I could finish this. A few other systems need to be integrated with this.
- Documentation of code and wiki needs to be worked on. I would be happy to collaborate on this.

- Other missing features are yet to be built, though there are a couple of important missing features that should be addressed first.
- Some aspects of the architecture could be improved. Suggestions and improvements welcome.
- JGF examples should be improved and completed, and kept up to date.

If you wish to join aboard, I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what your interests are and how you would like to collaborate. Drop me an email and I'll be happy to share IM details, so  we can have a chat about the whole thing if you wish.

Best regards,

2009/4/14 rhlobo <rhl...@gmail.com>

--
Jose Juan Montes