CalendarPicker: Highlight specific days?

jpasqua

Nov 28, 2013, 5:02:23 PM11/28/13
to jfxtra...@googlegroups.com
I've written an app that keeps track of various events on a daily basis. Users of the app can choose a day or range of days and then look at the events that occurred on those days. I use a CalendarPicker to let them choose the days they are interested in. Everything works well, but I'd like to give the user a visual hint as to which days have events and which don't. For example, if November 26 had no events but November 27 did, I'd like to highlight the 27th by changing the font color, making the text bold, or something else. I've looked at the code and the css and I don't see a way to do this.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to the developers of CalendarPicker.

tbeernot

Nov 30, 2013, 1:10:54 AM11/30/13
to jfxtra...@googlegroups.com
CalendarPicker has a highlightedCalendars() property. Visually the highlighting is currently not that strong (bold + italic) but you are free to configure this differently using CSS,

Tom

On 2013-11-28 23:02, jpasqua wrote:
I've written an app that keeps track of various events on a daily basis. Users of the app can choose a day or range of days and then look at the events that occurred on those days. I use a CalendarPicker to let them choose the days they are interested in. Everything works well, but I'd like to give the user a visual hint as to which days have events and which don't. For example, if November 26 had no events but November 27 did, I'd like to highlight the 27th by changing the font color, making the text bold, or something else. I've looked at the code and the css and I don't see a way to do this.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to the developers of CalendarPicker.

j...@noroomattheinn.org

Dec 22, 2013, 6:37:30 PM12/22/13
to jfxtra...@googlegroups.com
Excellent. Thank you.

j...@noroomattheinn.org

Jan 5, 2014, 6:59:20 PM1/5/14
to jfxtra...@googlegroups.com
Tom, I picked up a recent snapshot of 2.6 that supports highlightedCalendars and  disabledCalendars. Both will be quite useful but I'm having another (hopefully easily remedied) problem. As mentioned in my original post, I'd like to highlight the days that have events associated with them. There are potentially thousands of days with events, but the only ones that are relevant are the ones in the month being currently displayed.

I looked at through the documentation and code for jfxtras-labs-2.2-r6-20140104.090242-24, but I don't see a way of determining which month is displayed, nor do I see a way of determining when the displayed month changes. I can see it all in CalendarPickerControlSkin and CalendarPickerMonthlySkinAbstract, but not in CalendarPicker itself.

Sorry if I'm missing something that should be obvious.

tbeernot

Jan 6, 2014, 12:51:44 AM1/6/14
to jfxtra...@googlegroups.com
In the 2.2 there is a CalendarRange callback which you can use. In the 8.0 branch (where development continues) a displayedCalendar is present, CalendarRange will be removed there.

Tom

tbeernot

Jan 6, 2014, 1:37:02 AM1/6/14
to jfxtra...@googlegroups.com
On retrospect (and after a shower) the CalendarRange callback will not be removed in 8.0, because it holds the (first) displayedCalendar plus the last displayed calendar, and that is something the displayedCalendar property does not provide. Otherwise the user needs to know what skin is active (and a year skin is in the planning).

j...@noroomattheinn.org

Jan 8, 2014, 9:22:05 PM1/8/14
to jfxtra...@googlegroups.com
Works great. Thank you.