LocalDateTimeTextField can't be localized!

tlev...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2014, 3:47:32 PM7/11/14
to jfxtra...@googlegroups.com
When I use the default LocalDateTimeTextField, it is working fine. I see the calendar and the time chooser at the bottom.
Put as soon as I set a Local to it ( ie: .setLocale( Locale.CANADA ) ), the time disappear from the field and the calendar!

Is that normal?
Is that something you are aware of?

The bug is present in your jfxtras-labs-samples-8.0-r2-SNAPSHOT-shadow

Even just with the time picker, if you change the local to a 24h system local, the time change correctly, but as soon as you move the slider, it is back to the AM/PM system!

tbeernot

Aug 6, 2014, 3:15:09 PM8/6/14
to jfxtra...@googlegroups.com
If I take the LocalTimePicker in the samples, which defaults to en_US and thus the AM/PM system, and change the locale to "nl" (which uses the 24H system), the change remains even when I manipulate the sliders.

I do see the problem when setting the locale on the LocalDateTimeTextField. This is an interesting situation; I was hoping to make the CalendarTextfield smart, so it could detect if time should be shown or not, mainly to prevent conflicts with the DateFormat that can be set, but my implementation does not work in all situations (as you have shown). Since LocalDateTimeTextField uses CalendarTextField underneath, some of these problems peeked through. So CalendarTextField has gotten an explicit setShowTime and now LocalDateTimeTextField should not have any problems anymore.

Tom