NullPointer on LocalDateTimeTextField

David Bal

Dec 17, 2015, 3:47:20 PM12/17/15
to JFXtras Developers
I discovered that if you rapidly click new times in the LocalDateTimeTextField a NullPointer exception is thrown.  The exception can be seen by running the r5 snapshot demo and clicking on different randoms times rapidly.

The stacktrace doesn't show any line from JFXtras, so I don't know where to look to fix the problem.  I hope the developer of LocalDateTimeTextField can take a look at this.

tbeernot

Dec 17, 2015, 3:48:23 PM12/17/15
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
That would be me. Would you be so kind as to file an issue on github?

Tom

On 17-12-2015 21:15, David Bal wrote:
I discovered that if you rapidly click new times in the LocalDateTimeTextField a NullPointer exception is thrown.  The exception can be seen by running the r5 snapshot demo and clicking on different randoms times rapidly.

The stacktrace doesn't show any line from JFXtras, so I don't know where to look to fix the problem.  I hope the developer of LocalDateTimeTextField can take a look at this.

Hans-Harald Schulz

Apr 25, 2016, 2:50:33 PM4/25/16
to JFXtras Developers
I found the problem (or better: I ran into the same problem) .. I guess it has to do with the European locale you are using .. with the US locale (starting the week with Sun) it would not appear.
The quick fix for this one:
class: CalendarPickerMonthlySkinAbstract
method: determineFirstOfMonthDayOfWeek

int lFirstOfMonthIdx = lDayOfWeek - lFirstDayOfWeek;
// fix
if (lFirstOfMonthIdx == -1)
lFirstOfMonthIdx = 6;
// fix
return lFirstOfMonthIdx;

(I looked into JFXtras for the first time today .. so I can't tell you "why" etc.)

Hans-Harald Schulz

Apr 25, 2016, 2:50:33 PM4/25/16
to JFXtras Developers
For the JFXtras team:
to reproduce choose a European locale (starting the week with Monday) and select May 2016 .. it happens only when the first day of the month is a Sunday.
(forgot to tell you last post)

tbeernot

Apr 25, 2016, 2:51:37 PM4/25/16
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com