Presentation

tbeernot

Sep 20, 2015, 5:02:46 AM9/20/15
to jfxtras-dev@googlegroups.com (via tbeernot@gmail.com)
A FYI: last Christmas I spent the holiday creating a talk on JFXtras, JavaFX and the lessons I learned writing controls for it. I did the presentation three times and enjoyed it very much (I used to give presentations more often, before the kids came, and wanted to rekindle that again), so I submit it to a number of Java conferences. To my amazement it was turned down by all of them, based on that JavaFX is not a very interesting technology. Hm. Ok. Who am I to think otherwise. So following the three-strikes-out rule I have stopped submitting the talk.

Now, having done all that work and deciding to let it collect dust was not sitting well. So I decided to abuse my role as project lead on JFXtras and added a small block on that presentation to the webpage. Chances are that people coming to it will at least be interested in JavaFX and maybe in my little talk. Just so you know who put it there.

Tom

Mark Heckler

Sep 20, 2015, 11:01:50 AM9/20/15
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Don't believe them, Tom...JavaFX is still VERY interesting technology, just not to everyone. ;)

Thanks for sharing this, will take a look!

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Heckler

Sep 20, 2015, 11:05:57 AM9/20/15
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

I see the first two slides out there, but is the entire presentation available somewhere? :)

Cheers,
Mark

tbeernot

Sep 20, 2015, 12:31:22 PM9/20/15
to jfxtr...@googlegroups.com
No, I was in the process of refactoring in the last feedback from Gerrit and his JUG.

Tom