Can we use JFreeSane with php to integrate scanner from client side?

Nithil george

Jun 11, 2015, 7:38:09 AM6/11/15
to jfreesan...@googlegroups.com
I am developing a php application which need to access scanner from client side, can we use JFreeSane with php to integrate scanner from client side?

James Ring

Jun 11, 2015, 10:28:23 AM6/11/15
to nithil...@gmail.com, jfreesane-discuss
By "from client side", do you mean that you want the machine running
the browser to talk directly to a SANE server via JFreeSane? Or do you
want to make the PHP application server talk to the SANE server on
behalf of the client's browser?

AFAIK PHP cannot run on the client machine.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 4:38 AM, Nithil george <nithil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am developing a php application which need to access scanner from client
> side, can we use JFreeSane with php to integrate scanner from client side?

Nithil george

Jun 14, 2015, 11:48:49 PM6/14/15
to jfreesan...@googlegroups.com, nithil...@gmail.com
Sorry James Ring if I have confused you. My web application is hosted on a server, when ever a user opens my application in their browser and clicks the scan button which is in my application should be able to access the scanner connected to his machine. I got a solution called Scanner.js (http://asprise.com/document-scan-upload-image-browser/direct-to-server-php-asp.net-overview.html), but I am not able to afford the license cost. Can I use JfreeSane to do the above scenario ?

James Ring

Jun 15, 2015, 12:02:24 AM6/15/15
to nithil...@gmail.com, jfreesane-discuss
The machine running jfreesane has to be able to talk to a SANE server
via TCP/IP. Are your users running the SANE server? It sounds like you
want a general purpose tool that works across scanning solutions other
than SANE, jfreesane is not that unfortunately.