FUJITSU fi-6130dj Duplex scan

kern...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2014, 8:33:11 AM1/7/14
to jfreesan...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have tried scan a duplex Page with jfreesane an a FUJITSU fi-6130dj.

The code I used:
open device ...

RenderedImage image;
SaneOption option;

option = device.getOption("source");
option.setStringValue("ADF Duplex");
while (true) {
  try {
    n++;
    image = device.acquireImage();
    saveImage(image, n);
  } catch (SaneException e) {
    if (e.getStatus() == SaneStatus.STATUS_NO_DOCS) {
      // this is the out of paper condition that we expect
      System.out.println("No more pages");
      break;
    } else {
      // some other exception that was not expected
      throw e;
    }
  } catch (IOException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
  } catch(IllegalStateException e) {
    System.out.println(e);
  }
}

I can not get the back of the page, just the front.

If I tried to scan the front with "ADF Front" or the back with "ADF Back" it works just fine.

If I use the sane-tool scanimage both sides of the pages get scanned.
scanimage -d fujitsu:fi-6130dj:201348 --format=tiff --batch=tiff%d.tif --source="ADF Duplex"

Thanks
Armin Kern

James Ring

Jan 7, 2014, 8:40:44 AM1/7/14
to kern...@gmail.com, jfreesane-discuss
Hey Armin,

Thanks for the report. Are you able to use tcpdump to capture the
interaction between scanimage and SANE? I think you'd just need to
replace the -d line with net:localhost:fujitsu or something similar to
ensure that scanimage is using the SANE daemon. If you could send me
the tcp dump that'd greatly help in debugging.

Regards,
James

kern...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2014, 10:00:36 AM1/7/14
to jfreesan...@googlegroups.com, kern...@gmail.com
Hello James,

I scanned 3 double sited pages.
scanimage -d net:localhost:fujitsu:fi-6130dj:201348 --format=tiff --batch=tiff%d.tif --source="ADF Duplex" --resolution=100 --y-resolution=100

I captured the network traffic with:
tcpdump -i lo -w lo
see attachment.

I tested the file with wireshark it is OK.

Thanks
lo.zip

James Ring

Jan 7, 2014, 10:03:48 AM1/7/14
to kern...@gmail.com, jfreesane-discuss
Awesome, thank you. I wrote a wireshark dissector for sane and
hopefully it will help figure out what SANE is doing and why jfreesane
doesn't work. Will get back to you soon.

James Ring

Jan 18, 2014, 1:28:19 PM1/18/14
to kern...@gmail.com, jfreesane-discuss
Can you also capture the interaction between jfreesane and sane using tcpdump?

I just tried ADF Duplex scanning with my Canon Pixma MX7600 and it
worked OK. Can you also make sure you're using the latest jfreesane
from github?

Thanks,
James

Diogo Pinheiro

Nov 5, 2014, 9:14:52 AM11/5/14
to jfreesan...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have the same problem.
Have you found a solution?

Thank you.

James Ring

Nov 5, 2014, 10:30:30 AM11/5/14
to dfcpi...@gmail.com, jfreesane-discuss
Hey Diogo,

Are you able to build jfreesane from source and try your program with
the following patch:
https://github.com/sjamesr/jfreesane/commit/a2fff376ae46ce38dbc9ec84bbcd71703c1a0556
?

You can check out the "remove_cancel_from_a" branch and this patch
will be present already.

Thanks,
James

James Ring

Nov 5, 2014, 12:01:13 PM11/5/14
to Diogo Pinheiro, jfreesane-discuss
That's excellent news, I definitely need to check this in to the mainline.