Looking for Chasia Rahman

Gideon Goldstein

May 10, 2011, 12:08:43 PM5/10/11
to Jewish Przemysl Forum
I have learned that a Rabbi Mordechai Shalom Yosef FRIEDMAN of
Sadigora (1896-1979). Born in Sadigora (today Sadhora, Ukraine), moved
in 1933 from Vienna to Przemysl where he opened a yeshiva.

The Rebbe's closest liaison and mentor was a Mordechai David RACHMAN.
Rachman and his wife Chasia, moved with the Rebbe to Przemysl.

About six months before the outbreak of World War II, the Rebbe and
Rachman moved to Palestine to set up his court near Tel-aviv.

Rachman's wife stayed behind awaiting her husband's message to leave
for Palestine.

Alas, the war broke out and Chasia never made it to Palestine.

On behalf of Chasia's grand-daughters, I am trying to find out her
fate.

Regrettably I do not even know what her maiden name was.

Any information would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you,

Gideon Goldstein